Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 PM

I dont know exactly how many remain but I remember when Ron first dropped off in 2005 there were a good number of people over at Trans Am Country looking for their headers. When I spoke with him he hadn't began production on the 2nd gens yet... so it could be some time still...

Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphynx88 View Post
I dont know exactly how many remain but I remember when Ron first dropped off in 2005 there were a good number of people over at Trans Am Country looking for their headers. When I spoke with him he hadn't began production on the 2nd gens yet... so it could be some time still...
May be some time to get them all done but I do not think that you have your facts correct (unless you spoke to him loooong ago).

Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Hmm I hope so.

I spoke with Ron at the end of October. At that time he was finishing up all the 1st gens and was going to start production of the 2nd gens when he was able to.

Has he completed 2nd gen headers in the past 5 years since I placed my order? I hope so.
Has he made a batch of them recently? Not that I am aware of. The hand full of headers that people have received recently seems to be a 1st gen or A-body so you tell me.

Or better yet an update from Ron?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:49 PM

Well, I can't speak for Ron and I hope he will soon speak for himself.

I for one have gotten my 2nd Gen headders from him (I posted them up here and elsewhere) and I know of others who have. Granted mine was a "new" order but he was doing this "sponsorship" plan and I know of old orders that were met under that arrangement. Hell, I even know whose set I sponsored!

I see your join date was in early October last. By that time I had gotten mine (having ordered in late August) and there are others that also got. There is a closed thread on this site that details what was happening at the time.......look it up - it's sure to be interesting reading!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Suspended

I think the headers he has been doing fit 2nd gen AND one of the other body styles? I might be wrong here, but was it 68-72 A body?

Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
I think the headers he has been doing fit 2nd gen AND one of the other body styles? I might be wrong here, but was it 68-72 A body?
i think you are right.as i remember it,he made some changes to make them fit both bodies.70-81F body and 68-72 A body.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 PM

alright welll thanks for clearing that up. I placed my order back in 05 when i was in high school and had since given up on getting anything back from ron about a year later. I heard about him surfacing up over here and joined then when that thread was still open. my bad for not digging deep enough though.

it just all around has been a frustrating experience- obviously. Im glad people are getting their headers but lack of communication on his part, broken promises and him always coming up with excuses really has me fed up. Oh well not trying to turn this into a flame post or start anything... and this nothing you guys havent read before...

Well still waiting. Hope to hear something soon.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Suspended

I hope you do too sphynx. Give it some more time. He doesnt have deep pockets and that makes it tough. I really think he WANTS to make good on it all.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
I hope you do too sphynx. Give it some more time. He doesnt have deep pockets and that makes it tough. I really think he WANTS to make good on it all.
I think you are correct Aronhk.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Default Ron's world is a sad one

I wish I was as skilled at telling sad stories as Ron is, he can actually make you think all the other people will get theirs if you will just get him over the last little bump in the road (with your money and trust). Paid for mine six months ago. If you want to hear his skills by all means send him money and cry along with me and who knows how many others but if you want / need headers I suggest you give your money to someone who actually ships them. Worst part is my conv is being held hostage by Ron's world.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ahub, I talked to you 11-15-10 and you told me you had paid 1 month ago. So that means it's not even been 4 months yet. All the info was out here for you to read and you should have known the whole deal. Progress is being made.
You didn;t order headers from a big header company, you ordered them from a guy. A guy who is trying to do all this out of his house. He has been delivering headers lately, so don;t screw it all up for everybody.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Senior Chief

What's the going price for a set and what is a sponsor?

Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - K (from MIB)

1972 LeMans Sport convert (T41) '70 XF 455, TH400, 3.31 12-bolt Posi
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Senior Chief

Default Order Process

He should offer to build them at 15% down, balance due C.O.D...........or something like that.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 PM

Drew M: Don't know pricing but by purchasing now you would become a sponsor. What happened was, through a series of unfortunate events, many people placed orders several years ago (I ordered in Oct '05) that never received anything and Ron disappeared for a few years. Thankfully, being the upstanding guy Ron is, he is trying to make good on all the orders from years past and new purchasers help pay for the costs of building sets for yourself as well as previous customers. By purchasing you're not only helping Ron out, getting the BEST headers for your car, but are also helping people like myself out in finally receiving their order.

@Tinjun: 15% wouldn't cover the costs for Ron to manufacture even one set of headers so I doubt he would consider it.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Exactly,

My headers are waiting for the next order to be place so he can deliver them. I have had alot of people pm me and I have always been honest with them about the situation with Ron. If you want headers now then maybe he's not your best choice, but if you want the best fitting header then that's it.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphynx88 View Post

@Tinjun: 15% wouldn't cover the costs for Ron to manufacture even one set of headers so I doubt he would consider it.

Fair would be for the buyer to cover 50% of the materials cost, and the mfr. to cover half the materials cost........not end buyer cover 100%....now the mfr. has incentive to build/ship, he has $ in materials, and needs to get paid for his labor.

With this history....he doesn't deserve any advance on labor, and no more than 50% on materials

Point is, there are options.....some combo of non-refundable deposits and balance due COD would make it less risky.....without something of this nature, I wouldn't even consider it. 2cents

I doubt many buyers will consider it @ 100% after reading this history.

Last edited by TinjunTribe; 02-03-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: options
Old 02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Suspended

I did. But I'm aware he is one guy trying to build headers, make up for orders a long time ago....all while scraping by trying to pay bills. He isnt a manufacturer in the usual term.....not yet.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'f i had the extra $, i'd be in for 1 of 2 sets right now.
Every time get close, gets sucked away for other car or house repair.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree with you on that but no one else works that way. I order parts all the time and they charge my credit card right then for the parts and send them whenever. That includes all the popular manufacturers. Of course they could if they wanted to because they have plenty of money, but Ron absolutely could not do this. He doesn't even have the money to buy the material to build the headers. Let alone get them welded, fix broken machines, have coating applied, box up for shipping and pay shipping accross country.

Big companies can do what you're saying but they don't, you can't expect a one man operation to do it.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinjunTribe View Post
He should offer to build them at 15% down, balance due C.O.D...........or something like that.
At one point while I was involved in helping build the headers with Ron Watt, it was suggested that to help facilitate orders, that the customer would initially pay half up front with the remainder being paid prior to shipment.

Don

1966 GTO

1966 421-9.3-1 comp-Race Tec 23cc Pistons
1966 Tri-Power
1967 670 Heads
Pontiac "Highlift" TriPower Cam by SpeedPro
DUR 214 Int 224 Exh @.050 - 107 ICL
LIFT .445" Int .465" Exh
Tri-Y-Headers by Tribal Tubes w/ Goerlich Mufflers
1966 Muncie Wide Ratio 4-Speed
1968-72 Chevy 12 Bolt Rear End w/ 3.73 rear gears

Last edited by SD421; 02-03-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: corrections