Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Senior Chief

Ron,
Thanks for the update and brief commentator, I have been in contact with Ron and he has always answered my email, I know that getting excited does no one any good and Ron has always said everyone will eventually get their headers, and yes it's aprox. 15 months that I have been waiting. I am just confident that everything will work out for the best.

Jim Moshier

Old 06-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Tim,

I looked back through all the emails & didn't see any that mentioned it. Did we speak on the phone about it?

The ball socket were something I was going to add later any way but wanted to look at a set first & try it on something first. I never got around to it because it was the last thing on my mind. Since there has been numerous distractions through the whole project to keep my mind off it.

Since I had this set sent to me & had a chance to check it out first hand. I like it & with a little mod to it. I think it would have just as much ground clearance as the slip on reducers & be much easier to put together & apart.

The ones he sent are long enough to slip at least 3" or so into the collector & weld it. Which was very tight fit & seemed very strong. When it was done it was no larger than the 3" collector. So the only thing that was bigger was the flanges. So it gives up about 1/4" or so of clearance. Are those ones on Summit ones that slip inside or just go flush to the collector (3" to 3") then weld it on?

I think I prefer the slip in ones but haven't tried the others yet to make a fair comparison.

Here's the contact info for the ones I just did. You can see which way you want to go. Have them sent to me & I'll make it happen.

CORSI CUSTOM EXHAUST 860-350-2368 in Milford Ct

I don't know what the cost was because he sent them prepaid.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 AM

Default Tri-y Ball sockets

Ron,

Let me check into the Corsi sockets and I'll check out the Flowmaster ones for fit up for welding.

Can you give me an address to send them to.

Tim

ramair3@aol.com

Old 06-19-2006, 02:32 AM

Ron, the price on the sockets were 69.00 shipped and they are made out of stainless steel. BTW how did they fit and is the coater ok with coating them.
Thanks,

ARM

Old 06-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moshier
Ron,
Thanks for the update and brief commentator, I have been in contact with Ron and he has always answered my email, I know that getting excited does no one any good and Ron has always said everyone will eventually get their headers, and yes it's aprox. 15 months that I have been waiting. I am just confident that everything will work out for the best.

Jim Moshier
same here ,i have been in contact with Ron from time to time . and the coated headers that where send overseas to us where of outstanding quality . im just waighting for him to sort things out and il be ordering more headers from him ........

Old 06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for posting Ron, I will have to read it again, but I think I understood that there are 4 sets of D-ports about ready to ship, are one of those sets mine?

johnsma22

Anyone that would come into a volitile topic like this make a comment like Larry made knows what they are doing and are trying to start trouble. I was just responding accordingly. I don't personally know Larry, so I have nothing against him. I bet he has never taken payment on a product promicing 4 to 6 week delivery and then a year and a half later still hadn't sent the product out.

You say "it is a shame that people did not know what it takes to get a business like this going" I wasn't aware that I was trying to get a business started up. I sent a guy $700 that was supposed to send me headers in 4 to six weeks. End of story. I didn't even start calling about them for 2 months. Nobody ever said anything about getting a business started. Normally before you start advertising a 4-6 week delivery, you already have the business started.

Tunnelport

When I get the headers you already promiced me, and they are as top of the line as everyone says they are, we'll talk about a COD for a 2" set.

Larry,

For what it's worth, I'm sorry for calling you an idiot. You just stirred the sheet a little to hard.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbanger
....Anyone that would come into a volitile topic like this make a comment like Larry made knows what they are doing and are trying to start trouble. I was just responding accordingly.....
Well.....yes, I may have struck a nerve but really no harm was meant, as I was only trying to get those who bashed Ron, to rethink their positions.
I have been conversing with Ron on this venture since day one and loaned him my old Tri-Y headers so that he could get started.
I didn't know Ron from Adam but he sounded sincere on the project so I took the gamble and sent my irreplaceable headers to him.

Now, thanks to Ron, we now have Tri-Y headers with the best of features and quality that I have yet to see from a BIG commercial manufacturer.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Now, thanks to Ron, we now have Tri-Y headers with the best of features and quality that I have yet to see from a BIG commercial manufacturer."

Well at least SOME of us do.

Old 06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ron,
There's a money order on the way. Let's hope a few others will add to that and give you a little hand.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Smile

Ron, fortunatly I did'nt have to go the post #31 route. Boy I love my credit card. Glad to see your email working sooo good now!

Old 06-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Senior Chief

Ron, good to hear from you. Keep your chin up. You will be rewarded someday for your diligence. I know that you will come through on this for the rest of the orders. Why.......................because your headers are the best d__n headers for a Pontiac-powered 2nd Gen Firebird on the planet, bar none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't trade my set for anything else. Well, maybe for an original SD T/A........

Alan

Old 06-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

To bad all this new info didnt come out like 6 or 9 months ago. I have not posted on this subject until now. I am pretty fed up about the whole deal. I dont know exactly how long I have been waiting for my headers but its been well over a year. Ron has not answered any of my emails since the first ones for info and since payment was sent. And I waited, and waited, and waited for some info but never got any. Yeah you can blame the first header place, and the coaters, and anyone else but you DID NOT give any of this info to those of us that paid you money up front til now. Thats all that we wanted was some info on what was going on. I knew I wasnt going to get headers overnite but come on. If you did not think you were going to get these made in somewhat a timely fashion we should of had the option for a refund. Did not happen. Someone has a nice set of headers on their car that I paid for. Plain and simple. Yeah I sold my heads too cause I didnt get the headers I bought and couldnt wait forever to get the car on the road. I dont want any more excuses I want the headers so I can sell them and maybe get some of my money back. Or a refund but thats not gonna happen is it? Jim

Old 06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The whiners and complainers in this whole deal are kinda funny. I know Ill get flamed for this opinion, but who cares. Anyone who has ordered full custom parts (and any part, not sitting on the shelve, in a box ready to be shipped UPS, is a custom part) knows that you get them when you get them. And it doesnt matter a hill of beans what you were told as far as delivery time. ***** happens. This is SOP. My first IA block.....9 months. My first billet crank.....10 months. My second billet crank....well, you get the idea. And all of these parts had a quoted delivery time of ~3 months. And nobody called me to wipe my tears while I waited.
Just be happy someone takes the risk, steps up to the plate and makes it happen. You want parts availability better than this.....go buy a chevy. Youll be a lot happier. So will we.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom McQueen
You want parts availability better than this.....go buy a chevy. Youll be a lot happier. So will we.
Wow! I was writing novels for posts to get across what you were able to say in one sentence. Thanks Tom! I'll wait as long as it takes to get my headers from Ron.

In my opinion, if having $700 dangling out in the breeze for a year or whatever has your shorts in a bunch, you are in the wrong hobby, and probably had no business spending the rent money on headers in the first place.

There you go Tom, now we can both get flamed together.

John

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 06-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom, your point sums it up!!!!!

$700....over 365 days = $1.91/day.......

15 months = .60 cents/day

Some folks spend that and more everyday on a freakin' cup of "gourmet" coffee.........go figure.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Whatever....your posts make no sense whatsoever.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

okay.....reference those who have been waiting a year to 15 months for custom parts.

Old 06-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think a lot of the frustration comes for two areas.
Lack of communication. When things would be going well there was communication. When a problem would arise communication would stop. We were not kept abreast of the situation until much later. Sometimes several months later.
For some who ordered the timeline may have fit in with their plans. Then when the timeline changed with no communication they did not know so that plans could be altered.
Fortunately for me my timeline was wide open when I ordered mine. 20 months later that has now changed. The headers are the only thing preventing me from starting my new engine. I'm still being patient and can understand the delays, but if they are not going to come I would like to know so I can alter my plans.

Old 06-21-2006, 07:29 PM

Having your heart in a new business venture doesn't excuse failing to deliver the goods. While Mr. Navarro may be willing to loan money to Tribal Tubes indefinitely, others may not have the same comfort level and should not be expected to do so since delivery was promised in 4-6 weeks. These people have been wronged any way you look at it. While they may continue to exercise patience, it certainly should not be expected regardless of the troubles being experienced by Tribal Tubes.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

has anybody recieved any headers yet? if so tell us about them.

Closed Thread