Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 03-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I picked up a new set of Doug's Headers yesterday. The flanges are the same thickness as they were when I put my on four years ago. They are 3/8 thick flanges.

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

alright fellas,

i just finished the installation of the headers. this is just an FYI for everyone. i still couldnt get the oil filter past the headers. i might be able to come in from the top of the headers if i slot the to bottom bolts and rotate the oil filter unit towards the front of the motor (Jim Hands tip) btu that would get really messy come oil change time. i just ordered an oil filter plate from kauffman and will run a remote oil filter. also, the drivers side hangs a little low. (my car is lowered a bit) but im not sure if it will safely clear speed bumps. as i stated earlier the flange bolts were ALOT easier to get started and tighten up but i did have to ding up the number 4 tube to clear the crossmember. i think even with mighty mounts it would still hit a bit..especially at WOT. Over all i am a bit dissapointed with them especially after paying 600 bucks. just my 2 cents.

66 GTO clone, 467 cubic inches of Turbocharged Multiport Fuel Injected fury twisting a TH400 into 3.90's wrapped in a 12 bolt posi.

My T56 Install
My Turbo Build
My Vortech Supercharger Build
Hyd Throw out bearing
Misc Build Pics

May the Karma Gods meet you half way....