Old 07-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default What are my options?

We have our new engine with the Edelbrock round port heads. I enquired at Ram Air Restorations about the round port manifolds for our ‘67 and they never even got back to me. We received a pair of Hooker round port headers with the engine, but they came out of a ‘69 GTO and I understand that they won’t fit. Any suggestions?

Old 07-26-2021, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What did you want to know about the RARE round port manifolds? Whether they're available? I've found that calling RARE was typically more successful.

As I think you're aware, RARE has been having major backorder issues going back to even before the pandemic. I had to cancel my order with them this morning after waiting nearly 4 months. Went with Doug's headers instead. Headers aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if it's between headers and not being able to bolt an exhaust to your engine, that's pretty much all you can do.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
Old 07-26-2021, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok I just spoke with a gentleman at Ram Air. He told me late August for the ‘66-67 manifolds. Fingers crossed. It looks like I’ll have to go with them unless there’s another product that I’m not aware of.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nothing against RARE or Paul, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that late August claim. When I ordered mine in early April, he said they'd be shipped at the end of the month, then it was late May, then late June, then late July, then late August... You get the picture. He will just tell you that he's expecting a shipment in the next 4-5 weeks to keep you waiting, but it's a perpetually moving target. Again, this is nothing against RARE. They just can't get their hands on the parts. This is despite the fact that their website says that everything is in stock... It's not.

There are other aftermarket HO exhaust manifolds on the market, but they are not as good as the RARE units. There' not bad, though. Hopefully you have better luck with your RARE order, but based on my experience I'd say there's less than a 5% chance that it will be shipped by late August.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild