Old 12-05-2021, 07:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Recaro seat re upholstery

Hi everybody. Anyone re upholster some Recaro seats? Any error traps to look out for? A buddy gave me a set out of a vw or an Audi or something. Digging the quality but they will need new leather. I see upholstery kits on eBay and get they are pricey. But anything else to consider before I go down the rabbit hole? Thanks

Old 12-05-2021, 08:17 PM

A friend of mine is in the same situation, he has a pair of classic Recaros he plans on putting in a 1966 Mustang. He's looking at this guy on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/usr/zoomzoomzoo...p2047675.l2559 This seller specializes in German cars, but told my friend he could also do seat covers to match his Mustang.

I don't have personal experience with him but I did some checking with my BMW contacts, and got good feedback on the quality of his work.

Old 12-05-2021, 09:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks a lot Stuart.