Old 11-28-2021, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Like i said it was 6yrs ago, i guarantee itd be way better today. Also zero reason for any Pontiac guy to build small ci engines, it's just stupid.
I've been to all the tracks around Chicago and yet to see a na ls street car stand out. You keep posting all these dyno results like their very common builds. Why are we seeing them at the tracks??
Most of them blow up before they run a good number and never see the light of day again. You can Google up chit all day long but it seldom gives you the full story.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:47 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
Some of the guys here would chit if they saw what some other brands are capable of. lol
An example would be Ken Block's 1400 hp twin turbo "Hoonicorn" custom Gymkhana Ford Mustang" But Ken Block and his cars are not typical and he beats the crap out of them VS run a dyno test and get a number.

"Ken Block's custom Gymkhana Ford Mustang packing a twin-turbo V8 tuned to 1,400 horsepower, connected to a six-speed sequential gearbox and all-wheel drive, with a weight figure kept under 3,000 pounds."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Tl7Zn-KRE

But I would like to have 1 tenth of the money he has invested in that car.
He has moved on to other manufacturers brands after a 10+ year deal with Ford.

Tom V.

A vehicle capable of the Hoonicorn performance is possible with Railroad Train Box Cars filled with cash, BUT is not normal.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:12 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I've been to all the tracks around Chicago and yet to see a na ls street car stand out.
Maybe Chicago people like imports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9yZey7FNQs
Apparently the supplier of the cam has the worlds fastest N/A LS car.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You can not go fast cheap in a Pontiac, who cares ?
Pontiacs are cool, LSs in old Pontiacs a very lame. Weak.
We had a guy put a LS truck engine in a nice 66 SS. Ran 12s.
If you cant build a nice Pontiac or are too cheap to do it right run the LS. But keep them out of our Pontiacs.
We have had guys shove chebbys in them for so long and now we have to deal with the LS crowd. You can have them, but then you are one of "them".
The common ground of the Pontiac engine is why we are all here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 05:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastry_chef View Post
Please do.. I want to see a 700 HP N/A pump gas traditional Pontiac .. about 410 cubes or so. Streetable. Where are they?

Up to 550-600 << NOT good enough!
Where are all the 700 hp LS combos? That are N/A...Not at my local tracks thats for sure, Bradenton Motorsports and Showtime Dragstrip. . A guy here just converted his 68 GTO convertible to LS power. With a blower it made just over 650 hp. In not saying getting 700hp NA is impossible, just not as common as you make it sound.
FYI, I got no hate for the LS world. Its a good motor with quality pieces right from the factory. But its not magic.

Old 11-29-2021, 06:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I'll put a flathead in my GTO!

I have LOTS of seat time in both LS and Pontiac. Pointless comparison. Dyno sheets and 1/4 mile ET's aren't everything. It depends on what your goals are. For a street car, LS engines are hard to beat.

The Following User Says Thank You to JSchmitz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Most of them blow up before they run a good number and never see the light of day again. You can Google up chit all day long but it seldom gives you the full story.
Exactly.

Rod bolts. Anybody that knows anything about LS engines changes 'em. And while you're in there, those pistons? Not only are they hypereutectic, there's little to no valve relief for the bigger cams. Might as well swap them out too. And as they go bigger, they're buying roller lifters with linkbars instead of the OE pieces. And upgrading to a set of LS2 heads. And...

And they'll still call it a "junkyard" engine.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This Thread reminded me of a grudge race we had set up many years ago. It was a standard Port 23 degree head 383 small block Chevy vs LS powered Camaro with all the whiz-bang bells, whistles and latest technology. The Camaro was an Internet hero and we were kind of tired of hearing about it. It was backed by one of the largest LS shops in the country. The race was set up so each guy would make one hit in each lane, we would flip a coin for lane choice and race off a pro tree. I linked a video to our first pass. When we were about to make our second pass we noticed the Camaro was loaded up on the trailer and leaving. The guy was so impressed with our first pass he decided to pay the punk out money and go home.

https://fb.watch/9AxyZW-8RN/

The Camaro continued to terrorize the Internet but never talked about this race.

#EHTTFMF's

#LS LOL

#LS'sAREEASYTOBEAT

Last edited by PAUL K; 11-29-2021 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
Where are all the 700 hp LS combos? That are N/A...Not at my local tracks thats for sure, Bradenton Motorsports and Showtime Dragstrip. . A guy here just converted his 68 GTO convertible to LS power. With a blower it made just over 650 hp. In not saying getting 700hp NA is impossible, just not as common as you make it sound.
FYI, I got no hate for the LS world. Its a good motor with quality pieces right from the factory. But its not magic.
Well said Scott! When you happen to line up against an LS powered car who usually crosses the finish line first?

Old 11-29-2021, 11:10 AM
Suspended

On Chicago LS cars. Do a search for John Ryan.. 2010 Camaro daily driver, ran 10.90 N/A with just a few upgrades and looking at his next step.. He says there is a group of them, he is not the fastest.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastry_chef View Post
On Chicago LS cars. Do a search for John Ryan.. 2010 Camaro daily driver, ran 10.90 N/A with just a few upgrades and looking at his next step.. He says there is a group of them, he is not the fastest.
Mike,
What does it weight with him in it? What is his MPH?

550 HP @ 3900 lbs.

60 Foot ET = 1.5350
330 Foot ET = 4.4252
1/8 Mile ET = 6.9158
1/8 Mile MPH = 99.0176
1000 Foot ET = 9.0618
1/4 Mile ET = 10.8956
1/4 Mile MPH = 123.1289

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 11-29-2021, 11:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What a thread, its barely over a day old and already 5 pages 90+ posts. Very surprised if anyone on either side has seen the light yet.

65 Tempest, 400, TH400
86 Fiero SE 2.8
Old 11-29-2021, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just end the conversation by switching to 3 Tesla EV motors like the new Plaids. Great MPG and fly! ...lmao..

Old 11-29-2021, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS57 View Post
What a thread, its barely over a day old and already 5 pages 90+ posts. Very surprised if anyone on either side has seen the light yet.
I have... I am positively convinced LS engine are exactly what we thought they are!

Old 11-29-2021, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I test drove with a open mind thinking hey if i like the car maybe i would buy, A new off the dealers lot late model GTO stick shift, That test drive left me with wheres the beef feelings and i never considered it again.

Old 11-29-2021, 01:05 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Mike,
What does it weight with him in it? What is his MPH?
Unknown on the weight,, factory I'd guess.
His cam is one stage below the post 83 car that goes low 10s.

I don't even know what size engine they run.. pretty small I think. Again this is his dally driver car.. he want to go faster but he loves how it currently drives.

Mod history
13.15@106 1.95 | 100% Stock
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI SS3 Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800

Old 11-29-2021, 01:47 PM
Boost Engineer

Typical Urination contest. Last time I heard, even after all of the BS the last the last few years on the board, that a person has the right to drive what they wish.

Old Man Taylor, who has owned a original 64 GTO longer than many younger posting on the board, has a right to drive a 2004 GTO as well as his 1964 GTO. And post about both if he wishes in the forums.

I am not a Chebby fan but over the years have seen how they copied the Ford Modular engines and came up with their LS engines.
The first non SB Chevy designs with FI had a pretty crude way on injecting the fuel into the cylinders thru the runners BUT the Later LS stuff has a lot of the better features in a modern vehicle.

So if you bad mouth all Chebby guys you are also bad-mouthing one of the original 64 GTO Buyers who has been there and done that on the street and race track longer than 98% of the current posters.

You guys are not their daddy. Don't act like you are.

Tom V. I also, as many know, also own a 64 GTO from Day 1. The Brass H DROVE it for 6 months before that.

I am not planning on installing any LS engines in my vehicle. I used OMT as an example because he owns a 64 and a 2004 vehicle.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Vaught For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2021, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
This Thread reminded me of a grudge race we had set up many years ago. It was a standard Port 23 degree head 383 small block Chevy vs LS powered Camaro with all the whiz-bang bells, whistles and latest technology. The Camaro was an Internet hero and we were kind of tired of hearing about it. It was backed by one of the largest LS shops in the country. The race was set up so each guy would make one hit in each lane, we would flip a coin for lane choice and race off a pro tree. I linked a video to our first pass. When we were about to make our second pass we noticed the Camaro was loaded up on the trailer and leaving. The guy was so impressed with our first pass he decided to pay the punk out money and go home.

https://fb.watch/9AxyZW-8RN/

The Camaro continued to terrorize the Internet but never talked about this race.

#EHTTFMF's

#LS LOL

#LS'sAREEASYTOBEAT
I'm missing something - in that Youtube link it appears the Camaro outran the Chevelle

'69 Firebird 400/461, 290+ E D-Ports, HR 230/236, 4l80E, 8.5 Rear, 3.55 gears
'64 LeMans 400/461, #16 Heads, HR 230/236, TKO600, 9inch Rear, 3.89 gears
'69 LeMans Vert, 350, #47 heads: Non-running project
Old 11-29-2021, 01:54 PM
Boost Engineer

Confusing group of posts and video for sure.

Tom v.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
Where are all the 700 hp LS combos? That are N/A...
Travis Lockhead, who used to post here, still runs traditional Pontiacs, but also LS's.

He has a C6 Z06, naturally aspirated. He has been working on this car for years, steadily finding more performance. I talked to him a few months ago, and he now has that car running 9's on motor, driving it to/from the track. He does run it on E85, but pretty sure he over 700hp.

I've got a 6.0 LS in my '72 Cutlass, and a EFI'ed 455 in my '73 T/A clone. The LS puts the same TQ to the wheels, but at a higher RPM and needs 93 octane, while the 455 is quite happy with 87. The LS also puts much more HP to the tires, but needs a higher stall than the 455.

The ebay turbo builders are BURNING through the LS supply, though. In 10 years, it will be tough to find a decent junkyard LS.

'67 Firebird [sold], ; 11.27 @ 119.61, 7.167 @ 96.07, with UD 280/280 (108LSA/ 109 ICL)solid cam. [1.537, 7.233 @93.61, 11.46 @ 115.4 w/ old UD 288/296 108 hydraulic cam] Feb '05 HPP, home-ported "16" D-ports, dished pistons (pump gas only), 3.42 gears, 275/60 DR's, 750DP, T2, full exhaust

My webpage http://lnlpd.com/home
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread