Old 09-18-2013, 02:44 PM

Default Questions on points judging

Quick question on points judging with regards to the motor have the numbers correct one. Do they look at casting date codes on like the heads and intake. Is there a acceptable window or does it have to be from the same year.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster7376 View Post
Quick question on points judging with regards to the motor have the numbers correct one. Do they look at casting date codes on like the heads and intake. Is there a acceptable window or does it have to be from the same year.
Not a worry at the Ta Nats.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 PM

so they dont check the date codes just castings?

Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They do not check any numbers

Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Can you imagine how long it would take for judges to get through all the cars if they checked all numbers? Mostly they are checking for items that are obviously incorrect. If it appears correct, don't worry about it. Those that search endlessly for a specific coded alternator, water pump, etc. are satisfying their own desires, not for any competition purpose that I'm aware of. Specifically, I'm referring to TA Nats. or Norwalk Tri-Power Nat.s. Also, there is always a window in judging. If they find something not correct they may doc you but it doesn't mean it throws you out of a particular class unless there is too many infringements.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" RUSH (Freewill)
The Following User Says Thank You to RASK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Also, nobody is ever going to doc you for having too nice of a paint job. Buff an polish to you heart's desire. If you want to leave some overspray on the cowl, bottom of hood, etc. cause that's what the factory did, that's your call. My only comment would be that you will be attending far more local competitions, cruise-ins , etc. then major venues like the TA Nat.s. Overspray in specific places might be acknowledged at major Pontiac competitions or by people in the know but, may be perceived as sloppy work by the majority of venues/on lookers. I personally, don't care to constantly defend my car and my actions to every passerby.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" RUSH (Freewill)
The Following User Says Thank You to RASK For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 PM

Thank you