Old 11-28-2005, 04:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to wesleyj
Arrow 67 Lemans performance (326)

i recently rebuilt the engine of my LeMans.... I bored it 30 over, now aprox a 330 ci... but i put in a nice, 268 duration cam, rated to 5500 rpm... other than that, its mostly stock replacement.... honestly, with how much i dropped in the engine, i am kind-of upset at the power... its REALLY slow, and lacks the power... especially when i have passangers, and try to enter a freeway... (seems getting to the highway speed limit takes an hour!) but i am very much considering getting an edelbrock performer rpm intake, edelbrock 600 cfm carb, and a k&n superflow air cleaner setup... does anyone know if this is a waste of my time to add these parts? will it make a big difference? power and economy? how much power could i get??? (horse/ torque) thanks for your time!!!

Old 11-28-2005, 05:00 AM

also, my engine is the 2bbl version right now, so i would be going from 2-4.... with ac also....

Old 11-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A 400 could have got you going right. Maybe too much cam which can cut your low end but I am no cam expert for sure, 4 Bl yes performer wont help Quadrajet would do you good

Old 11-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Suspended

068 cam, 4 bbl, duals, ram air manifolds, turbo trans,

Old 11-28-2005, 06:02 PM

Question

honestly, im not quite sure what the gears are, there stock ill tell ya though... lol but the cams duration is the 268 (comp cams brand) and its rated up to 5500 rpm... and yes, unfortunately im still using the 2 spd tranny.... does that tranny keep me from the "potential" on my engine? and about the q-jet, youre referring to a quadrajet? because ive got a 4bbl quadrajet in my garage, i pulled off of a running 73 stepside chevy truck... all it may need is a rebuild ( although it was running, its sat in my garage for a year) is that a better carb for my car than an edelbrock 600 cfm ( model 1406) with performer rpm intake?

Old 11-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up 326 build-up

What engineer and Pittsburgh 64 said

My 67 Lemans came from the factory with a 326, 2bl motor, a M-20 4 speed and a 3.23 safe-t-trac rear. It also has factory cold A/C

The addition of a Summit 2801 cam kit (Thanks Scott), a cast iron 4 bl intake & carb from a 66 Bonneville and a set of Dougs headers with a Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust really made a considerable seat of the pants difference.
The compression of these motors in 2bl form was around 9.0:1, so they run great with todays gas.

It Still doesn't have the power or torque of a 400 or 455, but nice performance and a lot more fun to drive for little money.

Ron

Semper Fi
Old 11-29-2005, 03:23 PM

sounds good, ill look for those parts... thanks for your time you guys!