Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-28-2000, 04:24 PM

Does everybody remember the ad on Ebay for "Every kind of Pontiac performance cylinder head"? His name is Dan Anderson and he operates out of Seattle WA (253) 735-8679. In that add there was brief mention of a "new" aluminum cylinder head.

Since I'm not far from Dans shop I thought I'd go on an info recon mission. Heres my report:

This is a new cylinder head produced to Dans specifications by a foundary "back East". The ports are a combination of Ram Air IV, Super Duty 455 & RA V which were designed from copies of the orginal GM blue prints. They come in a rought casting with guides & hardened seats for 1750.00, and mostly resemble the round exhaust port heads. They also include the traditional Pontiac combustion chamber many enthusiasts prefer.

After "clean up" (which you can do yourself) the intake ports are 2 3/8" tall with a stock floor height. I couldnt get port volume but it appears substantial with no pushrod bulge due to offset rocker arms AND lifters. Valve sizes were stock on this set but spacing could accomodate a 2.19/188 combo for use with IA block. Head flow after clean was said to be 326 cfm@28". The exhaust have the same D-port shape as the E-heads, but visually appear to displace more volume. They perform at 75% of the intake. Also included are extra thick decks & enough material in the ports to allow additional work to increase flow. Unfortunently, I couldnt get an estimate on the maximum potential but the design appears to provide the capability for more port volume.

According to Dan over 200 sets have been sold across the country (please contribute if you have experience with these heads) and all R&D bugs have been worked out.

Head specific rockers and shafts: 1250.00
Head specific offset roller rockers: 325.00
Cam, valves, springs, retainers, pushrods are all standard Pontiac gear.

I intended on asking Dan if I could get a set flowed, and possibly experiment with some porting, but he only had one set on hand (his) and each set is made one off for each order. I would have to buy a set just to play... oh well.

Todd

Old 07-28-2000, 04:24 PM

Does everybody remember the ad on Ebay for "Every kind of Pontiac performance cylinder head"? His name is Dan Anderson and he operates out of Seattle WA (253) 735-8679. In that add there was brief mention of a "new" aluminum cylinder head.

Since I'm not far from Dans shop I thought I'd go on an info recon mission. Heres my report:

This is a new cylinder head produced to Dans specifications by a foundary "back East". The ports are a combination of Ram Air IV, Super Duty 455 & RA V which were designed from copies of the orginal GM blue prints. They come in a rought casting with guides & hardened seats for 1750.00, and mostly resemble the round exhaust port heads. They also include the traditional Pontiac combustion chamber many enthusiasts prefer.

After "clean up" (which you can do yourself) the intake ports are 2 3/8" tall with a stock floor height. I couldnt get port volume but it appears substantial with no pushrod bulge due to offset rocker arms AND lifters. Valve sizes were stock on this set but spacing could accomodate a 2.19/188 combo for use with IA block. Head flow after clean was said to be 326 cfm@28". The exhaust have the same D-port shape as the E-heads, but visually appear to displace more volume. They perform at 75% of the intake. Also included are extra thick decks & enough material in the ports to allow additional work to increase flow. Unfortunently, I couldnt get an estimate on the maximum potential but the design appears to provide the capability for more port volume.

According to Dan over 200 sets have been sold across the country (please contribute if you have experience with these heads) and all R&D bugs have been worked out.

Head specific rockers and shafts: 1250.00
Head specific offset roller rockers: 325.00
Cam, valves, springs, retainers, pushrods are all standard Pontiac gear.

I intended on asking Dan if I could get a set flowed, and possibly experiment with some porting, but he only had one set on hand (his) and each set is made one off for each order. I would have to buy a set just to play... oh well.

Todd

Old 07-28-2000, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Todd, real good post, I talk to Dan some on the design, and I'm very impress. What were looking at is a set of heads that out of the box will produce over 700 hp bolt on. I'm really excited, I'm so excited that I'll welling to test a set, and post the results. His willing ness to take impute from others is impressive. this may not happen for a while but I'll keep everyone posted. He's a real good listener, and from our conversation the heads are every bite what you have describe.

[This message has been edited by Gach (edited 07-28-2000).]

Old 07-28-2000, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds real promising. Please post more info as it becomes available.