Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-04-2000, 09:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Guys! I had started a thread a few days ago as to why there is no class breakdown for 4 speeds (or should I say manual transmission cars with a clutch). This is a continuation of that thread and I am trying to get some more information from you.

My first question is for KRE. Jeff and Steve: If there is enough interest and support can we do this? Knowing that you are the major sponsor for the Maple Grove event, I feel it is most important to have your approval/support. I certainly do not want to impose or step on any toes. I think it would be something fun and different. Share your thoughts on the whole idea and I guess we will go from there.

Pontiac Dude, had initially brought this up by stating he would put $150.00 toward a pot for a 4 speed class at Maple Grove with at least 16 cars participating. It would be a normal bracket racing class JUST for 4 speed/clutch type cars. http://Pontiacpower.cc is a link to Pdudes speed shop web page.

I stated that my computer consulting business (SyncNet Information Services) would contribute $150.00 as well.

So what else do we needÂ…..

A.) 4 other companies to contribute $150 for the pot - $500 to win $250 runner up
B.) 15 other 4 speed racers

Let me know what you guys think and if you are interested. I would be willing to throw together a quick web page for all of the sponsors.

Happy 4th!
Kev

------------------
Kevin Swaney
Gold '66 GTO, 389 4 spd with Trips
13.042 @ 106.64 mph

Tin Indian Performance Rear Engine Dragster 7.66 @ 172 mph 494 with KRE High Port Heads

www.tinindianperformance.com
330-699-1358
Old 07-04-2000, 09:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Guys! I had started a thread a few days ago as to why there is no class breakdown for 4 speeds (or should I say manual transmission cars with a clutch). This is a continuation of that thread and I am trying to get some more information from you.

My first question is for KRE. Jeff and Steve: If there is enough interest and support can we do this? Knowing that you are the major sponsor for the Maple Grove event, I feel it is most important to have your approval/support. I certainly do not want to impose or step on any toes. I think it would be something fun and different. Share your thoughts on the whole idea and I guess we will go from there.

Pontiac Dude, had initially brought this up by stating he would put $150.00 toward a pot for a 4 speed class at Maple Grove with at least 16 cars participating. It would be a normal bracket racing class JUST for 4 speed/clutch type cars. http://Pontiacpower.cc is a link to Pdudes speed shop web page.

I stated that my computer consulting business (SyncNet Information Services) would contribute $150.00 as well.

So what else do we needÂ…..

A.) 4 other companies to contribute $150 for the pot - $500 to win $250 runner up
B.) 15 other 4 speed racers

Let me know what you guys think and if you are interested. I would be willing to throw together a quick web page for all of the sponsors.

Happy 4th!
Kev

------------------
Kevin Swaney
13.042 @ 106.64 mph

Tin Indian Performance Rear Engine Dragster 7.66 @ 172 mph 494 with KRE High Port Heads

330-699-1358
Old 07-05-2000, 06:59 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Kev, bring 10 guys (4 speeds) to Lebanon Valley on July 29th and we'll (IA) put up $500.00 purse for a 4 speed class.

I like the idea!

Dick

Old 07-16-2000, 09:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Dick! Thanks for the offer. It appears that pretty much EVERYONE out there already knows "performance is automatic" LOL. I have not been contacted by anyone interested in Maple Grove or the Lebanon race.

On a side note, there were 4 cars (out of approx 70 some) that were racing at the GTO Nats that were 4 speeds.

Kev

------------------
Kevin Swaney
13.042 @ 106.64 mph

330-699-1358