Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-19-2000, 10:48 PM

Any experience with this fuel pump? I am curious about any added spring pressure that may overstress the eccentric.

Also, does this pump flow too much pressure for a Holley, carter, or rochester carb without a pressure regulator for street performance?

Old 07-19-2000, 10:48 PM

Any experience with this fuel pump? I am curious about any added spring pressure that may overstress the eccentric.

Also, does this pump flow too much pressure for a Holley, carter, or rochester carb without a pressure regulator for street performance?

Old 07-19-2000, 11:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I have one on my 77, it holds 7 lbs of pressure and I have had no problems with it. I am going to put my comp 140 on with 1/2 line, just for good measure, and for the NOS button.

Old 07-20-2000, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've run this pump with Holleys and Q-Jets without the use of a regulator and have never had any problems. Never had any problems with too much pressure against the eccentric either. David, I would suggest removing the mechanical pump altogether when upgrading to the Mallory-140 and 1/2" line (I guess you already planned to, but your posting was vague about that).

Old 07-20-2000, 08:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Brian, Ya the thought of blowing the diaphram and filling the crankcase with gas..... gives me chills... LOL! I may leave the rear springs in the car, I don't want the problems you had....

Old 07-21-2000, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Getting that front bushing out with the spring in the car will be tricky. Just got both springs back in today, setting the axle on them tomorrow. The Cal-Trac installation is going very smoothly (but removing the springs was a bitch).