Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 301 stroker build

Being retired and having some time on my hands I decided to build a short deck stroker street engine.Most will ask why but my answer is why not.Turbo blocks are around and usually cheap because most dont think they make a good boat anchor.This will follow up to a post I started in the lobby as I think maybe it belongs here as my plane is to build a calif pump gas street friendly engine.I hired Dave at SD to build me a intake and do a set of heads for the small bore.He chose a E single plane intake to cut down and a set of small valve 15 heads.Plan is for 9.5 CR.He did a 2.05 intake and a CNC 260 @ 600 port job.The crank is a 63 326 unit from a doner engine from a board member.Joe Sherman of Joe Sherman Race Engines will handle the assm and dyno.We are using a BBC rod with a custom piston.The cam will be a hyd roller not yet chosen.I will post pics and tell what kind of problems through out the build.Pic of mocked up engine.Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3149.jpg
Views:	1220
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	299555