Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2021, 06:20 PM
Senior Chief

Default Frame Mount Issues - Poly vs. Solid

I have a 1981 TA with a 1976 455, and I want to replace the frame mounts/
The polyurethane inserts would reduce engine rock, which I need, since air cleaner to hood clearance is minimal with the Northwind intake.

I purchased the Butler polyurethane frame mounts , but the tabs in the insert, that the engine mounts' rest on, come sawed off.
I am not sure the engine mount would fit with them not cut off, so this may be correct.

Has anyone used these Butler polyurethane frame mounts?

Installation instructions say it requires the weight of the block to be used to compress the "clamshell" before tightening the frame mount to the frame. That seems difficult...

I have Dougs ceramic headers, but how big of a problem is this heat issue...melting the polyurethane insert?

Solid mounts are looking better all the time, but I am unsure of the pros and cons of going that route..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frame_mount_sidebyside.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	568072