Old 01-08-2006, 09:33 PM

I don't know too many 46 year old men that want to go out drag race Honda's on the street. Also not many men would say my Uncle owns a transmission shop and they would help him. I got the impression I was dealing with a very young man. All this is not adding up.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think you're right, tp. He's a troll, and I'm sorry that I ever bothered to attempt to educate this idiot.
When's the last time you saw a build sheet in a glove box? Yeah- I thought so. It doesn't happen- EVER.
Too much doesn't add up. Probably a teenaged kid, with nothing better to do with his time.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:36 PM

Nver happens, never in the glove box? maybe you could tell me what this is then. sure looks like a build sheet....... im the idiot?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0005.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	38450   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0004.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	38451  

Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 PM

hhhmmmm nothing to say now? kinda funny...........

Old 01-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You're not worth the time.
To answer your prior question, yes. Most definitely.
By the way, "Camaro" (as in, the rims on your car) does NOT contain an "E".
Further proof of the above assessment.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:17 PM

twice now you all have been proved wrong, so just shut it..... you dont even know what camaro rims look like lol. and you think just cause your car dont have the build sheet mine dont... you have a certain ignorance about you. you are so negative and you just hate to be proved wrong. by the way did you restore your car yourself or did you buy it like that. anyone who buys a car restored and calls it his car is a lier its the guys car that restored it..lol
i dont think you really know how much you say you do. its a front that is not working

Old 01-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacCowboy
by the way did you restore your car yourself or did you buy it like that. anyone who buys a car restored and calls it his car is a lier its the guys car that restored it..lol
What a revelation! I'm going to have to tell my buddy that restores cars for a living that he owns some SWEET rides...

1971 Trans Am 455HO M22; Cameo White / Blue
1971 GTO Convertible 455 M40; Starlight Black / Black
Old 01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefpontiac
What a revelation! I'm going to have to tell my buddy that restores cars for a living that he owns some SWEET rides...

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 01-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you're really 46 years old, why then do you insist on acting (and spelling) like a fifth grader with learning disabilities?

Wait- sorry. I didn't mean to insult those 5th graders with learning disabilities...

Moron- I have three sets of those Camaro rims in storage. One set in 14X6, and two in 14X7. They were also used on Nova's in the smaller size, but then, of course, I dont know what they look like...

Now, go back to doing your homework, before your mommy grounds you.

Oh, and the restoration work in the past has been done by me. I'd still be doing paint work, if it weren't for the isocyanates in the newer urethanes, coupled with the lack of space for a spray booth.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:12 PM

sorry if i offended anyone, but when someone insults my intelegents and trys to make me look stupid i get defencive. I came to these forums to ask others opions not to be degrated and called a punk kid. Hopefully i will have a more positive experience on here.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Likewise, I get offended when someone comes here to ask for advice lacking experience in some specific areas (in this case, Pontiac's), and then proceeds to tell us all that we don't know what we're talking about, since they supposedly own a restoration business and have infinite experience.
If that were true, then why would the question need to be asked in the first place? WE should be asking YOU the questions if that were true...
By the way, although you say that the engine is, indeed, numbers-matching to the car, do you realize that your picture shows a 1970 upper alternator bracket? These are unique ONLY to 1970 engines, and are most often replaced with the later style (such as that which your engine should have had from the factory) or earlier style. This bracket is a fairly difficult to find item, since it was ONLY used in 1970.
A lot of people have swapped that part out for either earlier or later strap-style brackets, but I have never seen one on an engine unless it was original (on a 1970 car). I had to replace two of these on my cars, as they had been swapped for the more common parts.
Which tends to suggest that the engine might, in fact, be a 1970 engine.
List of mis-spellings (from just the last post):
Intelligence;
Defensive;
Opinions;
Degraded.
Sorry, but you can do a lot yourself to help prevent derogatory responses.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:41 PM

if you read i said the 70 is in the car. the 71 is under the work bench. I wanted to ask around before i tore into it. and i was saying that people didnt know what they where talking about when they decided to tell me that there was no build sheet. they have been proven wrong. also when it was comented about my OLDS rims, when indeed they are not. someone assumed so cause they are red. Granted alot of olds rims came 5 star red. If you read i have never said anything about anyones mechanical abilities.. and so what, i aint the best speller. I dont really care. Why should you?

Old 01-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Moderators? This is non-productive.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

PC- You NEVER said anything about having the original engine under a bench somewhere. You have ONLY said that the engine that is in it is original, and that you want to keep it that way. Perhaps you were thinking about having the factory engine out of the car, but you definitely never typed that information. And, we're not psychic.
Check ALL of your posts, on both this thread and the other.
As for the build sheet, the blurred image that you posted could have easily been a section from your morning newspaper. It's illegible, and doesn't prove a thing. Sorry, if you believe otherwise, I'm not buying it.
But, if it was in the glove box, the only explanation is that it was located when the interior was removed at some time, and whoever found it placed it into the glove box. Which would be incredibly fortunate for you, as that is virtually unheard of.
And I mentioned the Camaro rims on one of my first posts. I know what Oldsmobile wheels look like too (both SSI and SSII, as well as the early SSII with bolt-on centers)...

Old 01-13-2006, 02:05 AM

your right it is a blurry picture, but my camera sucks. but if you are a true Pontiac man you will know what you see in the bottom right of the sheet.

can we please stop with the negative attitude? My wife has a 65 studebaker cruiser we are selling and so i have been posting on a studebaker forum site. you would be suprised with the difference in people from this site to that. it seemed that from ny first post i was being attacked. When i posted on the studebaker forum i got nothing but positive feedback and advice. They where very kind and helpful. Hopefully I have just seen the bad side of this forum and its members and in the future i will see the more positive.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Most of us are avoiding this argument...

Also please dont assume that there is no knowledge here or that you have done something that most of us havent. Quite the contrary, these guys here know what they are talking about, there are a few who will give you info from left field, but for the most part that isnt the case.

My first impression was you are young, probably between 18 and 24, and cant afford to build much more than the 350. That was the impression I got, what everyone else thought I cant say. No matter what experience level or age, the way a person presents themselves will speak volumes about them, correctly or incorrectly. So stop and think for a moment, and wait a bit before posting something when you just read something that makes you mad or annoyed. Its the internet and nobody can see your face or hear how you say something. Its all in the words you use to express yourself that people make thier own judgements upon.

My opinion is that a 350 2 barrel LeMans isnt going to be worth very much numbers matching or not. Build something you enjoy with it, because it isnt terribly rare or desireable in the Pontiac comunity. Put a 400 or 455 in it and have a nice driver.

Do me a favor? Have someone more computer savy resize your photos before you post them? Some of us are stuck on dial up and they take forever to load.

Please relax and try to have some fun.. they arent a bad bunch of guys on here.