THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

90 degrees would not bother me. Cali was beautiful when I was there, but the fruitcakes there might be worse than ohio cold.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Having been to south Florida. No. I don't care to move to south Florida.
I'll have to make do with 350 days a year.
Well. You know. IF I had possession of my car.......

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I sorta like the idea of going drag racing year round at Palm Beach International Raceway year within a half hour drive of Hobe Sound. (Not to mention road course stuff and Daytona and Homestead within a few hours drive).

Andre, With the decline in the coal industry there are probably a lot of engineering people with the expertise you require available in southern WV and southwest VA. You may want to advertise in some newspapers in those areas. A few are:

The Charleston Gazette-Charleston, WV
The Bristol Herald Courier- Bristol, TN
The Register Herald, Beckley, WV
Princeton Times, Princeton, WV

You may want to consider contacting the West Virginia Board of Professional Surveyors.

The big boom of activity in natural gas "fracking" in that region seems to have subsided and it probably has created an oversupply of surveyors in that region too.

Good luck!

Old 01-25-2018, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been all over the southern half of the US from Florida to California. Not for me as it's either too hot and humid in the summer, or not warm enough in the winter. Yeah Delaware gets hot in the summer and it gets cold in the winter, but it not as bad as up in the north of the US in the winter. It's a happy medium with lots to do that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Traffic is bad here but not as insane as California or Florida can be, and are most of the time.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I lived there almost 20 years and hated it the whole time. It just took me that long to talk the wife into moving.