Old 08-26-2022, 09:49 AM

Default Rough ride

Hi all,

After my shop replaced my spark plugs and airfilter I noticed a rough ride in the lower rpm( say 15- 40 mph, (2 speed st-300 trans ).it doesn't sound smooth any more . In the higher rpm everything seems normal. The spark plugs are the right acdelco's r45xxx, wiring sequence is in the right place, double checked and reconnected. New rocherster (2bbl on 326) gaskets and I don't notice no vacuum leaks anymore. I tried to disconnect 1 for 1 the spark cables but noticed not really any difference on idle.

Car went 2 times back to the shop ( last they put the new carb. gaskets on and carburetor is checked because they thought is was due a vacuum leak), but the issue still remains.

What step should I take,
take the spark plugs out 1 by 1 and check the spark? Should there any adjustment sparkplug clearance I drive (always fine) on propane so I don't see much color difference on the bottom of the plug
Is my distributor dying? Or am I looking in the wrong place

Any advice appreciated

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

-------------
Deurne, The Netherlands
Old 10-01-2022, 07:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had the same thing on my 66 tri power car this is what i found, if you have power brakes pull the master cylinder and check the seal in the booster my was shot don,t know how it happened but replacing it took care of my problem. jd

Old 10-24-2022, 05:09 PM

Found out that 1 off the sparkplug, the clearance was far too less ( maybe it felt on the ground). I adjust the nipple and now the engine runs fine again..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

-------------
Deurne, The Netherlands
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hanzel For This Useful Post: