THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FTA: "The incident, according to our source, began Friday night when a bail bondsman was surveilling the brothers' home and preparing to arrest Randy Wilhelm on an outstanding warrant for domestic violence. The bondsman told police that gunfire erupted from Wilhelm's property and his pickup truck took at least six rifle rounds. The bondsman was not injured."

Most areas if you have a domestic violence charge against you, firearms surrender is in your future until things are sorted out.

Not tinfoil hat time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2022, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn shame someone didn't take the trash out 20 years ago.

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 694.1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2022, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In this day I wonder how much 'approval' the police needed to use deadly force. I cant imagine their jobs.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Click image for larger version

Name:	7576B344-29D6-481D-930A-1FBB851B16BF.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	597016

Thought I was going to see something like this !

Glad everyone is safe

Old 08-22-2022, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is a good read on how things played out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ff/ar-AA10XQfw

As mentioned I wasn't very far away and watched the incident unfold. From where I was a Sheriff's Deputy was sitting at a road block just up from their lower driveway. Shortly after 9am he pulled a black container of some sort from his vehicle, ran to the left side of the road, then quickly back to the right side. He was stretching spike strips from ditch to ditch. About a minute later the armored vehicle with a battering ram on the front and two other vehicles very quickly entered the Wilhelm property down a long lane that leads to a huge storage building. At that point I really couldn't see what they were doing from my location. Gunshots were exchanged but they were so close together it sounded like one big boom.

About a minute after the first shots were exchanged the armored vehicle cam back out the driveway to the main road and turned to the East about as fast as it could go, then a few minutes later it cam back. Then it went down the long driveway again, shots were exchanged and we were told that the brothers were slumped over in the side by side. They did not make contact, sent a "robot" instead fearing they may have rigged explosives, etc.

The next day when I went by there must have been close to 50-60 vehicles on the property with LE going thru the buildings and houses.

They obtained and executed a warrant and did not infringe on anyones rights. You pretty much give those up when you commit multiple felonies, jump bail, theaten to kill the judge/prosecuting attorney, then get into a deadly shootout with LE.......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2022, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1000 firearms. Now that would take up some space.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 66sprint6 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 01:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

These guys were total screw balls. Like someone said previously they must have had a connection with the local sheriff/judge to get away with this for so long.

Old 08-23-2022, 03:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They didn't have law enforcement in their back pocket, instead they spent LOTS of money on attorneys to get them out of trouble.

Most of the things they did were also not witnessed and they left little if any evidence behind.

Like the night my neighbors house took 30 rounds of 5.56 into the gable end. The rounds were fired from a moving vehicle from about 500 yards away. No brass was found, it was late at night, and no witnesses. Even though you had a MAJOR altercation with another neighbor a few days before the incident, and threats were made, it's difficult if not near impossible to prove they did it and charge them.

When folks would hunt close to their property like i did back in 2003, they would locate you, stay on their property, then shoot dozens of rounds from high powered rifles to make sure you didn't see any deer and for sure keep you from ever coming back. When my incident happened no rounds came thru the trees, they were just loud and close. Others reported them shooting into the ground near them and into the trees over their heads Since no one was ever hit the Sheriffs office didn't charge them with anything.

There was one incident where someone tracked a wounded deer onto their property and they ran him down and yanked his weapon out of his hands. Somewhere during the altercation he got shot in the foot. They were charged but never convicted, and a few years later the person they shot died from complications of that injury. Even with all that they weren't locked up and continued to menace everyone in these parts.

It was well known to avoid their properties and any contact with them at all costs, which is what all of us tried to do.

A couple of years ago their father passed away. Things escalated shortly after and they were having more "incidents" and getting into more trouble. If you read what Randy was charged with it was pretty obvious that this time he wasn't going to lawyer his way out of it and do some jail time. So he jumped bail and most likely decided that he was going out feet first. Good decision on his part........IMHO........

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

What size land, acreage etc are the properties around you and the size of the land these snoozers own (or now OWNED!!!)

The said snoozers must have been running a viable business with those propane trucks, they look in good condition and must be valuable. They must have had regular and long term clients. I wonder how their clients now feel about them

This whole event seems almost surreal to me this side of the pond.

Just wondering

Old 08-23-2022, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like a neighborhood party about to take place . I couldn’t imagine living next to that hot mess.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm betting there were too many cousins getting married in that family.

Old 08-23-2022, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The two brothers didn't work much in the business that I could tell, never saw them in a delivery truck, etc. They hired most of if not all that done.

There were a LOT of folks who would not use them for propane because of their reputation, and/or having issues with them.

The morning of the shooting when the smoke cleared and dust settled it cam over the scanner that they were "slumped over" in the side-by-side. The small group who had gathered at my location started doing fist-bumps and some high-fives.....if that tells you how much they were liked by folks in these parts!.....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 02:17 PM
Senior Chief

Was this related to that? https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...e/65415469007/

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 08-23-2022, 03:50 PM
Senior Chief

Cliff it all sounds like scenes from a movie!

Excitement in my neighborhood is when the Amazon truck rolls up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Vid For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 10:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Long overdue...................
Knox County is much better place today!!!

Old 08-24-2022, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree. I have refrained from telling all the "horror" stories as it would take up too much space and folks would be like "no freaking way" and "you just can't make up stuff like this".

If I told the detailed story about how they finally got on the radar of LE and charges against them that they couldn't lawyer their way out of, no one would believe it anyhow.

Putting all that behind us I completely agree that Knox County, especially in my area is a much better place to live now! If you type their address into Google Maps you can see that when I leave my house and turn on Vincent road and come to the stop sign the "compound" is right in front of me. I ALWAYS make a left right there vs going straight, unless I want to be pulling a pile of sheet rock screws out of my tires!.........

The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm seeing a movie deal in the works

Old 08-24-2022, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe a book first. From first hand accounts.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 09:12 AM
Senior Chief

looks like a lot of it stemmed from a fire on their property, if you go back to the early 2000s.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 08-24-2022, 09:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
If I told the detailed story about how they finally got on the radar of LE and charges against them that they couldn't lawyer their way out of, no one would believe it anyhow.
Okay...now you piqued my curiosity.

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400