THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been on both sides of this deal.

I bought a trunk lid from PY'er dxeven back in 2008, hindsight reveals I never actually paid for it either. We just agreed on a price and he said that he would simply hold it for me until we could meet up. Fast forward to summer 2015 and I find out a buddy is bringing a car back from New Mexico and they are going right through Colorado Springs. I scramble to see if Dave 1) still has the trunk lid (he does) and 2) can he meet my pals as they come through town. They meet up right off the interstate perfect meeting, perfect for me to get deck lid up here damage free. Then Dave says just mail a check lol. I do and it works out great. Crazy thing is I almost forgot about the deck lid after 7 years.

I also bought a Muncie trans from The Boss back in late 2014. Sent a check and we would meet at Norwalk in 2015. Boss cannot make Norwalk last minute, no sweat. Then he goes to MCAN and offers to deliver then, I cannot make it. Now we are on track for Norwalk 2016 (we hope)

I also sold a rear seat divider to MesaBug about 2 years ago. Could not figure a cheap way to ship to Canada so here it sits packaged up in a 58x29x8 bundle. We have exchanged a few PM's but nothing has worked yet for shipping. UPS and Fed Ex wont take it. We will get it done someday until then it is stashed in a corner at my work. Part is paid for and if the deal falls through I can refund the money.

The whole key is some communication between parties. For Andre and Mike I think the lack of communication says the buyer has either 1) Forgot, 2) Passed Away, or 3) Cannot affordably arrange pickup or shipping. However if you have no way to contact them I'd say move on and sell to someone else. If and when they come calling you can deal with it then but I doubt it would come to that.

Email jbr69gto@gmail.com

My Website www.minnesota-muscle.com