Old 01-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Senior Chief

Default VIN in clove box

Attached is a picture of the inside of my glovebox noticed there is a sticker with the Vin number on it .
that has been there since the car was new has anyone else noticed this on their cars?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	349268  

Old 01-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've replaced at least a dozen glove boxes out of 65's over the last 30+ years and I've never seen a sticker like that. Must have been a dealer deal.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 01-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sticker looks like one of those you can buy at the stationary store. May have been put the by the original owner for some reason.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfilean View Post
Sticker looks like one of those you can buy at the stationary store. May have been put the by the original owner for some reason.
Original owner states .... It was there when he picked the car up new from the dealership in December of 1964.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Senior Chief

If you notice above the VIN there is .. T73.... I am actually trying to find out what that was.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since the sticker was put there after it left the Fremont factory, doubt it defined anything pertaining to the car.

If the Dealer put the sticker in there, maybe T73 was the Dealer Stock No. identifying the car for dealer internal use.

Fremont used UPC option codes, initially thought perhaps identified a unique option for the car but I'm not aware of T73 being used in '65. T70 was used, it identified Headlamps, left hand rule (export use).

In later years, T73 was used to identify Headlamps, right hand rule but that probably didn't appear anywhere until they started identifying every thing on the Service Parts ID (SPID) label.

So I seriously doubt it indicates an option.

VIN plates were supposed to be identified with the delivery date but not all dealers bothered to stamp the delivery date on the VIN plate. For '65, T was June and of course there was no month with 73 days in it. Dec '64 ('65 Model Year) was K.

So T73 doesn't fit for Delivery Date either.

Nothing else comes to mind. Might look for other '65 Pontiacs delivered by the same dealer to see if they also have such a decal to see if my Dealer Stock No. idea makes sense.