Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think Calvin has a short deck IA2 available.

Tom Syron

Old 11-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Syron View Post

Tom Syron
That would be counterproductive for the direction I would have to go to remain Pontiac.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 11-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Syron View Post

Tom Syron
prefer aluminum, re work the cam tunnel for a current tech size stick, seal the thing off from the crankcase, put some cgi sleeves in it and rock.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 2014 Milan AM rules allow smallblocks up to 500" to be 2750#. A pontiac is 2975#. Sounds like a killa 500" SB2 is in the works?

Old 11-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
I feel like I'm in the mob. Guys are leaving this organization daily. Not many new ones coming in. PPTTFMF......

We are being bred out like the Indians......
Their are a certain few in the Clique that are driving them away, I am one that would never build another Pontiac. Just because the people that are on top are stuck on themselves.
Try to do something different and ask for some help and see where that gets you. They will come with hammers to drive the nails into your coffin. Not all folks are in that league, but most.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Dino I respectfully disagree. Any member of the ECM would stop what they were doing to help another Pontiac racer out.

If you think there is no bickering going on with other brands, good luck.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to David Holmberg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree with David!Tom

Old 11-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
Dino I respectfully disagree. Any member of the ECM would stop what they were doing to help another Pontiac racer out.

If you think there is no bickering going on with other brands, good luck.
I didn't see where Dino mentioned the ECM? If he was refering to them, they can be a little obnoxious, but who can't? Live and in person, they are good guy's. I have no doubt they would give me a hand if needed. It would certainly be reciprocated if the other way around. As annoying as it is to slow asses like me, they talk the talk but they walk the walk! lol

Last edited by mjm421; 11-29-2013 at 08:22 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjm421 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm421 View Post
I didn't see where Dino mentioned the ECM? If he was refering to them, they can be a little obnoxious, but who can't? Live and in person, they are good guy's. I have no doubt they would give me a hand if needed. It would certainly be reciprocated if the other way around. As annoying as it is to slow asses like me, they talk the talk but they walk the walk! lol
I know who he was talking about.

That is not even close to the reason Marcella is jumping ship.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 11-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Post was not directed at any specific group of people in the Pontiac community, just a general statement. I raced Fords for a long time, sponsored by Trick Flow before Summit Racing bought them out. I have raced longer than some folks on this board have been alive. I have never been so beside myself as when I raced in the Pontiac community. You folks for the biggest part are good people. But if you try to do something outside the norm, well... you will get smacked down. Or if you do not fit into a certain clique, your opinion means jack, or your input is nothing more than ____! Anyone can stuff a butt_load of N2O down a motor with the right chassis and put down a number. But that comes with it's own set of problems that are not discussed here. Head gasket problems with Pontiacs are a huge deal, and truth be known the inherit problem is not discussed as much as the failures. Their are failures, and their may be fixes, but they will not be shared because the upper tier wants to stay the upper tier. As long as the attitude in the Pontiac community stays where it is at.. it will stall and not progress with the other brands. At least they seem to work together and move forward. It is better than what it was in the past, but has a long way to go. I had fun with you folks while it lasted... but I got pushed over the edge, when a non ported set of heads running deep into the nines was considered nothing in a car over 3200 lbs. N/A.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I always thought your car ran great, and said so.

Most race within their budget and do so because they enjoy it, not to make people say nice things about it.

Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

don't think
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINO1 View Post
Post was not directed at any specific group of people in the Pontiac community, just a general statement. I raced Fords for a long time, sponsored by Trick Flow before Summit Racing bought them out. I have raced longer than some folks on this board have been alive. I have never been so beside myself as when I raced in the Pontiac community. You folks for the biggest part are good people. But if you try to do something outside the norm, well... you will get smacked down. Or if you do not fit into a certain clique, your opinion means jack, or your input is nothing more than ____! Anyone can stuff a butt_load of N2O down a motor with the right chassis and put down a number. But that comes with iIt's own set of problems that are not discussed here. Head gasket problems with Pontiacs are a huge deal, and truth be known the inherit problem is not discussed as much as the failures. Their are failures, and their may be fixes, but they will not be shared because the upper tier wants to stay the upper tier. As long as the attitude in the Pontiac community stays where it is at.. it will stall and not progress with the other brands. At least they seem to work together and move forward. It is better than what it was in the past, but has a long way to go. I had fun with you folks while it lasted... but I got pushed over the edge, when a non ported set of heads running deep into the nines was considered nothing in a car over 3200 lbs. N/A.
if you dont think fords and chevys are changing head gaskets after 30 to 40 passes then your on drugs... i know that for a fact!!! anyone that's pushing it will have problems!!!!!!! any brand

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 11-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pontiac power to the end!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LiL Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Pontiac power to the end!
LJTTFMF!

Old 11-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kinsler View Post
don't think

if you dont think fords and chevys are changing head gaskets after 30 to 40 passes then your on drugs... i know that for a fact!!! anyone that's pushing it will have problems!!!!!!! any brand
You are in an N2O frame of mind. I never spun my motor over 7200 RPM crossing the line, and shifted at 6500 RPM. Their was a whole lot more in it. Just didn't push it to the edge. I could have raced it for 5 years without tearing into it. Maybe valve spring change. But it was deadly consistent. Won many a race with that car. Just like you. Sometime the fastest car doesn't always win. But the driver will prevail. I miss the days of heads up... run what you brought and hope you brought enough days. Bracket racing is only hurting the racing product. My Next car is going to be a turbo Ford, already putting it together, sold my Grand National to help fund it.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Go match racing! Most of the things you have mentioned will be solved. Race heads-up. First one to the stripe wins. Get some recognition for your accomplishments. Go as fast as you want/can afford. You just need a reliable set-up and consistent fast car No rules except SFI and NHRA safety. It's really fun and if you are good, you can make a few bucks. We have a good one for sale......cheap. Turn-key or rolling chassis.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You know Mike it is funny you posted this, the cam I ran was one you had custom ground for the Grocery Getter for N20, that did not work out for you. I purchased it from Eric. It was an Ultra Dyne with to close of a lobe center for nitrous. Worked out very well for high compression motor in the 500+CI range. You want to talk about all the "E" head cracks you folks had to weld up?

Old 11-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As you all know I run a non-traditional Pontiac head. That being said, I get my balls bust all the time by people in my camp (both ECM and other brands in our camp)...It is what it is! I think people nowadays wear their emotions on their sleeves and are too thin skinned...they like to dish it out but can't take it. Like its been said a few times already, any of us would drop what we are doing to help a racer in need.

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bad69bird For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69bird View Post
As you all know I run a non-traditional Pontiac head. That being said, I get my balls bust all the time by people in my camp (both ECM and other brands in our camp)...It is what it is! I think people nowadays wear their emotions on their sleeves and are too thin skinned...they like to dish it out but can't take it. Like its been said a few times already, any of us would drop what we are doing to help a racer in need.
Well said if it was totally true.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINO1 View Post
Well said if it was totally true.
What are you saying...I'm lying? What help did you ask for that you didn't get from me?

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)

Last edited by bad69bird; 11-29-2013 at 11:44 PM.