Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-07-2003, 07:52 AM

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get a 6-speed trans from a '99 Camaro into my 2nd gen. F-body? I've been getting conflicting information about what needs to be done and I want to hear from someone who's done it before. I want to keep the factory console and avoid major floorpan sugery, is this possible? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

R. U. Wilde @
Wilde Motorspor

Old 06-07-2003, 07:52 AM

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get a 6-speed trans from a '99 Camaro into my 2nd gen. F-body? I've been getting conflicting information about what needs to be done and I want to hear from someone who's done it before. I want to keep the factory console and avoid major floorpan sugery, is this possible? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

R. U. Wilde @
Wilde Motorspor

Old 06-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

According to your poll results, you need information. Check out the post below and read the response on the angle of the trans. You may want to get the aftermarket version if you don't already have the F-Body version.

T-56 in the F-body.

[img]ftp://members.aol.com/gr8one68/gr8one68.jpg[/img]

469 (455 + .060") with the Edelbrock RAIV cam, Ported 6X-8 heads with 1.77" exhaust valves, 100 cc's, "0" decked block for 9.3:1 static CR, Eagle 1.65:1 roller rockers, Edelbrock RPM manifold and Edelbrock 750 carb., 1.75" x 3.0" Hedman Headers, 2.5" flowmaster exhaust system with "H" pipe and Dynamax super turbo mufflers. 200-4R with a Continental converter, 3.07:1 12 Bolt Saf-T-Trac