Old 06-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks great! The stripe color is perfect for that paint color.
I see you went with bias ply redlines, why did you not go for the radial redline?
Car looks fantastic in that color with honeycombs and redlines.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice!

Congrats on doing it yourself.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 06-25-2017, 01:42 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Carmine;
That car , especially after the stripes, is beautiful! I was never a green color on a car fan but your car is stunning!

Old 06-25-2017, 06:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you everyone for the nice compliments. The car is coming along nicely; at least the way I want to see it look. I hope to have the windshield in today, if not, then hopefully sometime this week. Then I'm going to register and enjoy it while I work on the rear deck spoiler. Once I move it outside, I will take some additional pics. I really want to show the interior. I think it turned out beautifully. Now, if the dye does what it's suppose to, I'll be fine. I was never a big fan of any green color, but the Tropical Lime paint and Jade Green interior really go great together. In addition to the spoiler, the only other bigger thing left to do is the radio. Going to send that out sometime next month and have it programmed to am/fm and the ability to play my ipod. My credit card is screaming so have to wait until it relaxes some.

I chose the bias ply redlines for several smaller reasons. I liked the profile of the tire and the redline was very vibrant. I think this tire will also give a little nicer ride. I listened everyone's advice and also spoke to my tire man who has 40 years in the business. Told him what my purpose was for tires and the car, then a decision was made. I do believe the radial is as better handling tire, but I'm fine with what I have. I'll try not to go around corners too fast LOL. I think the color scheme turned out really well. The silver from the honeycomb wheels, redline tires and those stripes just compliment each other nicely. Collectively, they really accent the green paint which there is a lot of. Very happy with it thus far. Thanks for looking, Carmine.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It looks great