Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default First ever in Az! HPP Pavement pounders Shootout!

Congrats to the entrants in our Arizona HPP Shoot out at Pontiac Heaven!
Ken Ondrejko, Paul Miller, Jim Thompson and Javier Montano all did a great job and the article looks great! Thanks To Tom DeMauro of HPP for working with us. It was a pleasure.
We have another Pontiac Heaven VIII/Musclecar Heaven #4,coming Sat April 1 and 2 2006. All fans of REAL vintage Pontiac power are invited.
We'll see you here.
more info on my site.
Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 10-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Senior Chief

Talking

Sounds good Steve.

Can't wait....

MikeC

4350 lbs @ 3000 Alt
ET 13.262@102.308 - 60 1.797
ET 12.281@109.206 100hp N2O 60ft 1.668

did I mention, runs on 91 octane
Old 10-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak
Congrats to the entrants in our Arizona HPP Shoot out at Pontiac Heaven!
Ken Ondrejko, Paul Miller, Jim Thompson and Javier Montano all did a great job and the article looks great! Thanks To Tom DeMauro of HPP for working with us. It was a pleasure.
We have another Pontiac Heaven VIII/Musclecar Heaven #4,coming Sat April 1 and 2 2006. All fans of REAL vintage Pontiac power are invited.
We'll see you here.
more info on my site.
Yes, congrats to all, i really enjoyed reading about the shootout. I would love to own that 61 Catalina that Ken Ondrejko has, that is one nice car.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:05 AM

Here's the link to the article on their website if you haven't got the issue yet:

http://highperformancepontiac.com/sh...oot/index.html

Thanks to Steve for asking me to participate. Great fun!

Old 10-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the link and thanks to Steve, too, for the chance to take part.

Jim

Old 10-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks to Steve and crew and SpeedWorld for another great show and race and Im really looking for next April.
Not sure about Too Old Goat having his car and face in a national magazine though, since that issue appeared he has had to buy a much larger hat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jim.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	31308  

My Daddy bought me a car but all I got was this old Pontiac.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVR421
Not sure about Too Old Goat having his car and face in a national magazine though, since that issue appeared he has had to buy a much larger hat.

BVR421,
I'd like to talk to you about this. Check with my secretary to set up an appointment.

Old 10-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm from Wisconsin but we bought a house in Glendale (Phoenix) and I attended the Pontiac Heavan last spring. I had a great time. Met BVR421, Tboy, and many others. Even bought a part at the swap. Plan to move down there permanently in 2008. Hope to attend and participate in the future. Thanks Steve for a class event. Mark L

Old 10-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Geeeez....thank you all for the nice words. We do try very hard to put on a weekend worth coming back to year after year. I have a few more additions up my sleeve to make 2006 even better.
For Friday afternoon- there will be a canopy set up well before the track opens to welcome our guests, to answer questions, get people signed up and have some refreshments around too.
Robin Roberts has assured me he will be bringing out is wicked, killer 160mph 8 second Trans Am. We will also be challenging any street chevy, ford mopar to see IF they handle this ultra fast Pontiac from the Phoenix area at Sundays Musclecar Heaven!
The sat eve party with complimentary food and drink will be expanded too with a raffle to win a 'ride' in my top fueler! We will fire it up on the ground with the winner in the seat and cackle it after dark for a great photo header flamin' opp. There will likely be a Pontiac M/T HEMI fire up as well. A second blown Pontiac on nitromethane cackle fire up is possible too but, too early to confirm this early. I am still working on getting the bugs out of my fueler too and hope to be able to make some full and exhibiton passes.
I am looking for staff help and sponsor support too if anyone is interested.
I have always had strong local sponsor support from businesses with Pontiac interests but, we have yet to get any of the more known national Pontiac related businesses. They should come out and meet all of us and support us.
Over night camping is not only allowed, it is encouraged.
More trophies will be awarded too for both show and racers, including more runner up trophies.
It has been so much work to put these events on over the years but, it has been so fullfilling to see a REAL vintage Pontiac annual event go together and grow and mature each year. It feels so good to get national magazine coverage, to have people plan to take off of work and make plans to head to Arizona each April to have a good time with other fans of vintage Pontiac power. It is really a cool thing.
Thank you everyone for your support, for attending, for particpating, for telling others! I owe it all to you.
take care and we will see you in April!

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11