THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nope, we got enough here in Delaware. As Bill Boman said.... it's too wet.

Last night we had a horizontal downpour, high winds, and bunches of thunder and lightning. Power is still out at my stepdaughter's house from downed trees. Not if they got any, but up in PA they were forecasting tornados up near Norristown.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
The Following User Says Thank You to GT182 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2023, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Former coworker had several,large Hickory trees tip over near Norristown.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2023, 12:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We are struggling with the heat here. Actual temps in the mid to upper 90s with the heat index approaching the 110-115 degree range. Then starting around five pm thunderstorms will build and, if you are lucky you bet a good rain. Unlucky gets you lightning strikes. IN the last three days I received 2 inches of rain and lost power on two occasions for about an hour each time. They are calling for more of the same the rest of the week. I cannot take the heat like I did when I was a young man. Almost 73 and I spend most of the day in my house. If the Good Lord sees fit I will heat ans air in my shop by the end of the year.
Stay safe in the heat.

Old 08-09-2023, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Former coworker had several,large Hickory trees tip over near Norristown.
Trees around here are dropping as well due to the ground being saturated. We haven’t lost any but the Lutheran church up the road from us lost a huge pin oak.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 08-09-2023, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Weather Is cyclical

We get the really hot ones, then the milder summer stretches like this June/July. Spent a ton outside, bunch of hot summers, both here in OK & in TX. Summer of 80 & 2011 are the misery benchmarks here. Remember '97 was bad in the DFW area.

Well ahead on rainfall for the year. Thickest greenist homeplace ever. We're up over 31" of rain. NNE of OKC, N of Route66. Has rained the last 3 mornings. Last year we had a very dry spell from mid June til October.

Old 08-09-2023, 12:50 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans64 View Post
We could use some rain here, preferably in the middle of the night and not all at once. LOL. West of Vancouver on Vancouver Island.
Things are pretty dry and lots of forrest fires in the Interior of BC.
Did you get your wish? Rained all night here but clearing up for The Sleepy Hollow Run and car show in a couple days so perfect timing really.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In the last few weeks we've been blessed with rain constantly. Nearly every day. I can hear my grass grow.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.