THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2024, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have attended two rattlesnake hunts, you run into some very interesting people. Sampling freshly cooked rattlesnake, wasn't bad. Like any cooked oddball game, am sure one could grow tired of it. I'm out on any recipes from the latest big constrictor from the Everglades. Not much on rabbit or squirrel, though I'm sure I can run down a few older Native American women that could make either very palatable.

As a teen, our big standup freezers in the washhouse at the farm were full of black Angus beef, farm caught catfish & froglegs, Crappie from the local lakes, Dove breasts, Red Snapper from late Fall fishing trip to the SE Texas coast. Quail & most of our freshly harvested dove breast typ made it quickly onto the table for Supper, while I like pan fried froglegs, can only eat so much. My nearest neighbor has 2+ big standup freezers in his garage full of venison from the last few seasons. not sure how that supply will ever be eaten up. Wife & I are looking into a big standup freezer, just am concerned about its energy demands if local power & natural gas was interrupted.

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 03-20-2024 at 01:30 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 'ol Pinion head For This Useful Post: