Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2013, 08:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Jury
Default Shaker455 kept me from selling my car.

Hello All,

I don't post here near as much as I used to. Family life, work etc. has kept me busy the last few years. Those things mixed with a continued string of mechanical woes with my 68' LeMans had me contemplating selling the car last summer. I was way in over my head with some issues with my carb and finding truly knowledgeable Pontiac guys in this area is tough. I had about given up hope when I contacted Jeff (Shaker455) last July about reworking my Quadrajet carb. My spark plugs were constantly black, poor idle, lazy secondaries, and just a lack of general knowledge on tuning it. I pulled the carb at the end of July last year and sent it to Jeff along with my distributor. Jeff worked all winter on my carb, and made something that should have gone into the junk pile into a reliable piece of equipment. He went as far as to machine in an ATP adjustment screw into the body along with live testing the carb on his setup until he knew it was right. Not only that, but he suggested adding an air / fuel gauge to my setup. When the carb returned about six weeks ago, I put the carb on and since that time Jeff has spent close to six hours on the phone with me helping me to tune the carb, learn to understand what everything does and how each adjustment works. I can say that with the air fuel gauge and Jeff's help I finally am learning to understand what the car is telling me it needs. The guess work is so much less now and in the last six weeks I have put more miles on the car than I have in the last three years. I am learning to trust the car again and am no longer worried about going home on a tow truck (At least due to carb issues). All this to simply say THANK YOU JEFF. Because Jeff has taken the time to share his knowledge and skill, I am finally enjoying my car again. Jeff does outstanding work, and is very reasonably price for the number of hours he spends working on the carb. Thanks again Jeff, I really appreciate all your work and help, and I think everyone else deserves to know what a great job you do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Jury For This Useful Post: