Old 08-12-2015, 11:18 PM

Default Source for Speedometer Cables?

Does anyone know of a company that makes exact or very close reproduction speedometer cables? I am in a unique situation since my 1968 GTO has cruise control and I am looking to replace both speedometer cables (transducer to speedometer, and transducer to transmission).

I have looked at the Ames catalogue and have also looked for NOS based on the original part number. No luck.

I do have the original cables and of course their corresponding lengths. I was just hoping that someone here knows of a company that can reproduce them. I need the inner cable and outer sheathing (or cover).

I do not want to buy a "universal" cable that I need to loop around my neck to make work.

Thanks.

Last edited by propuckstopper; 08-12-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:35 AM
Senior Chief

Inline tube is where I found mine for my 69 and 70 but I don't have cruise

Old 08-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I cant help you with the cruise either, but I got mine from Napa and it worked fine