Old 01-15-2000, 01:25 AM

I'm looking to run my 63 HO valve covers on my 64 headed 428 with roller rockers to keep the look of original anyone know where I can get a spacer that works

------------------
"62" Obsession

Old 01-15-2000, 01:25 AM

I'm looking to run my 63 HO valve covers on my 64 headed 428 with roller rockers to keep the look of original anyone know where I can get a spacer that works

------------------
"62" Obsession

Old 01-26-2000, 09:47 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Greg,
Felpro makes a Thick gasket for pontiacs.
I'am not sure of the part number. I have
used them for clearence for valve covers before. Try one of the thick gaskets. Put playdoh or something on the inside of the cover. Turn the engine over by hand. Remove the cover and check the clearence. If
you need more try stacking a thick gasket with a normal one. Use Ultra blue from Pernetex to stick both gaskets together.

------------------
Mr. Z

Old 01-26-2000, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Specialty Component Engineering (SCE) in Lancaster makes one that is 0.300" thick. The part number is 128076.

------------------
Jim

Old 02-04-2000, 12:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I installed the 65 valve covers on a 1970 350ci in my GTO. I used 3 standard cork gaskets stacked and stuck together with permatex. The trick is to allow the permatesx to harden a little befor you install them. And if you use body masking tape to hold them together they will stay lined up better and look better when installed on the engine. Also make sure you buy the gaskets from the same manufacturer so they will match better.

------------------
A.S.D.Zimtok

Old 02-04-2000, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used the aluminum spacers that are sold out there, but had problems keeping the gaskets in place after awhile. they work there way out. If someone knows a trick other then glueing the F****** out of all the sides, as I have to take the covers loose to adjust the solid rollers regulary. Please tell me! Thanks.