Old 02-14-2000, 12:12 AM

I want to get my bumpers on my 64 Catalina rechromed. What woulthat cost me, ballpark?
And does anyone know of some place around Atlanta GA that does a good job. I've never done this before and was just wondering?

Thanks

------------------

Old 02-14-2000, 12:12 AM

I want to get my bumpers on my 64 Catalina rechromed. What woulthat cost me, ballpark?
And does anyone know of some place around Atlanta GA that does a good job. I've never done this before and was just wondering?

Thanks

------------------

Old 02-14-2000, 03:04 PM
Senior Chief

64Cat - prices will vary depending upon whether you want the bumpers just rechromed or show chromed. As an example, don't be surprised to pay about $350 to $375 for the '64 front bumper and $300 to $325 for the rear bumper in show chrome. You can cut about $150 - $200 off the total price (both bumpers) if you just have them rechromed, but plating is like body work, in most of the time (and cost) is in preparation. Don't know if there are any shops in the Atlanta area, but North Star Bumper in the Minneapolis - St. Paul area has done four '64 bumpers for me, all top quality work. They take work from all over the country.

DJB_Rock_2005.jpg
Old 03-14-2000, 01:08 AM
Senior Chief

Not sure but think there used to be a company called Graves in the Atlanta area and heard they did show quality work. You should be able to find them in the phone book if they still exist.