Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 11-05-2022, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Attn. Sun tuned Dist Grease

seems to be the right stuff on E'bay for distributor shaft well
not cheap but spread over quite a few rebuilds possibly doable

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35383233200...mis&media=COPY

Old 11-05-2022, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmm…
Looks good. That I believe is the last run that I’m aware of that they used. That number used to be black/grey low temp type grease in the same jar.

It had a green oil base stock to it.

I’ve not used or even seen any of this other than here in the link you provided. Thank you for that.

I’ve still got about a case of the old batch.

Honestly, as long as you’re not using a disc brake certified spec high melting point grease you’ll be good. It just needs to wick oil around 200 degrees or so. Then the oil wicks into the top bushing like it should. No need that I’ve found to spend a huge gob of money there.

On the other hand that jar would do approx 50 distributors.

The key here, and I’ll say it again, when you want to fill the grease well in the housing this is best done with a grease needle. 100x easier than trying to hand pack the well. This grease would work fine but filling a grease gun that way may get a bit messy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun Tuned For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2022, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the referance to corvette application COULD be that its preffered lube for mechanical tach.

i just made up a slurry of goop from 3 different products for a distributor well iam putting together, low temp molly grease, thick lucas assy oil, and this thin grease i have for pneumatic drill gears that has a differintal gear oil smell, pretty thin doesnt drip should last as long as i need it for