Garage Sale Any NON-Pontiac related item you want to buy-sell-trade or giveaway!

Old 07-08-2010, 02:01 PM

Default WANTED 1964 Ford 390 cu.in. engine & trans

I'm looking for a complete 390 engine and trans to drop in a 64 Galaxie 500.
Thanks

Old 08-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a disassembled one - good rods, forged pistons, good heads, at the machine shop now. Will sell cheap, or the shop can complete for you - guy who runs the shop is the top FE motor guy in this area.

I'm in northern VA, but will be headed to Ohio in the next few months.

You can also try the classifieds at www.fordfe.com. Make sure you get a block with the correct motor mounts; they changed in 1965 or so.

Scott

Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My son parted out my dad's old 64 Ford 4-dr several years back, but the 390 automatic is gone.

He has at least one rust-free fender, not sure which side, as well as a hood and various other parts if you should need any metal.

Mike

Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 AM

Default Ford

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Dis-assembled is no problem but is it all complete ? I'm a pontiac guy so I'm not familar with Fords, nor do I have any parts. I want to convert My dad's 64 Galaxie 289 to a 390 car, so I really need everything.
Dave

Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Found this on www.car-part.com

Engine
Ford Galaxie 390,NTT OS595 $Call Ohio Scrap Corporation USA-OH(Delta) E-mail 419-822-8200

Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06gto View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Dis-assembled is no problem but is it all complete ? I'm a pontiac guy so I'm not familar with Fords, nor do I have any parts. I want to convert My dad's 64 Galaxie 289 to a 390 car, so I really need everything.
Dave
I've got everything or almost everything you need for a complete engine. You looking for a resto motor or is aftermarket stuff ok?

E mail for more details. sd_walters@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Scott