Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
With the Quickest cars (1/4 mile) out there running OTHER heads and racers switching over to Billet, seems like E-heads are dying out! The quickest Pontiac out there has Warp heads, the quickest Bodied car out there running RA5 heads, the quickest NA door car has Warp, the quickest Nitrous door car has CV-1 heads. Hell in the KRE Quick 16 at Norwalk the first 5 cars had NO E-heads on them.....just saying. Is the E-head vanishing from the QUICK cars?

GTO George
So Kids this was the first post, it wasn't a knock on e-heads (they have there place and always will) if you read between the line its a pat-on-the-back to Pontiac Race cars! We are "Evolving".......DAMN a couple of years ago at Norwalk in the Q16 I qualified at 8.20 that was only good for no.7 on the door side! Are you kidding me a 8.20 and I almost didn't get in the field......yes Pontiacs are "Evolving" and YES the e-head is disappearing from the FAST cars (look at the Heads Up Guys), are the e-heads going to sell......H_LL yes, are there going to be Fast cars out there using them...H_LL yes BUT just not as many and as the years go buy more RA5 heads, CV heads, Billet type heads and Warp headed cars will be out there why because WE (PONTIAC RACERS) need more! So "Thank You" all the Pontiac shops and Independent shops for stepping up! Thats all this thread was about, its too bad others had to take it in a different direction.
As John Travolta once said........."Ain't it COOL!"

GTO George

Old 10-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So Kids this was the first post, it wasn't a knock on e-heads (they have there place and always will) if you read between the line its a pat-on-the-back to Pontiac Race cars! We are "Evolving".......DAMN a couple of years ago at Norwalk in the Q16 I qualified at 8.20 that was only good for no.7 on the door side! Are you kidding me a 8.20 and I almost didn't get in the field......yes Pontiacs are "Evolving" and YES the e-head is disappearing from the FAST cars (look at the Heads Up Guys), are the e-heads going to sell......H_LL yes, are there going to be Fast cars out there using them...H_LL yes BUT just not as many and as the years go buy more RA5 heads, CV heads, Billet type heads and Warp headed cars will be out there why because WE (PONTIAC RACERS) need more! So "Thank You" all the Pontiac shops and Independent shops for stepping up! Thats all this thread was about, its too bad others had to take it in a different direction.
As John Travolta once said........."Ain't it COOL!"

GTO George
If I had money to get different heads I would. I have ran pretty good with my E-Heads but to think I cant go faster with something else is just stupid. One day I will step up and to be honest I am not sure what I will go to at this point. If I can get a set of pro ports I think I will do that. LOL

but still have to put this

EHTTFMF!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 10-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kinsler View Post
If I had money to get different heads I would. I have ran pretty good with my E-Heads but to think I cant go faster with something else is just stupid. One day I will step up and to be honest I am not sure what I will go to at this point. If I can get a set of pro ports I think I will do that. LOL

but still have to put this

EHTTFMF!
so proof that one of the baddest dudes running a Pontiac would like to step up!! yes George it is happening!!! slowly but people are stepping up!

Old 10-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Senior Chief

This thread popped up in my email today, and I must say it seems pretty ignorant...The E heads played a huge role in keeping the Pontiac racers in the game for years, so maybe a thank you rather than a slam, is in order...Talking about RACE oriented heads beating them seems to be a little bit childish...

But, then again, the same guy did say that turbos are boring...LOL

Old 10-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by estep455 View Post
so proof that one of the baddest dudes running a Pontiac would like to step up!! yes George it is happening!!! slowly but people are stepping up!
Thank You.....thats all this thread is about "stepping up", not to slam the e-head!

GTO George

Old 10-04-2017, 12:16 PM

You’re right. This thread is all about trolling.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllRise View Post
You’re right. This thread is all about trolling.
whos trolling?

Old 10-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Suspended

Quote:
whos trolling?
Ditto........who in the Heck is trolling?

GTO George

Old 10-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thank You.....thats all this thread is about "stepping up", not to slam the e-head!

GTO George
Fyi....as of this point you made approximately 56 posts in this thread. Approximately 24 of those posts said something unfavorable towards Edelbrock. Not anyone of your posts contained anything useful.... just saying.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Fyi....as of this point you made approximately 56 posts in this thread. Approximately 24 of those posts said something unfavorable towards Edelbrock. Not anyone of your posts contained anything useful.... just saying.
What did I say that was unfavorable about the e-head?

GTO George

OK I check some of my post and the WORST thing I said about the e-head is that its a "dying head" (now remember this tread is about the FASTER cars making lots of HP) and it is....sorry if the facts hurt. I never once said it was a BAD head or you CAN"T make HP with it....FAKE NEWS!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 10-04-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Senior Chief

I'm rarely on this forum, yet what I read seemed like a slam on Edelbrock...If that wasnt your intention, then I apologize...

Old 10-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
I'm rarely on this forum, yet what I read seemed like a slam on Edelbrock...If that wasnt your intention, then I apologize...
The only SLAM I have is on Edelbrock itself.........NOT the head.

GTO George

Old 10-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Senior Chief

What is your beef with Edelbrock?

Old 10-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
What is your beef with Edelbrock?
post no.190

GTO George

Old 10-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
I think he has actually talked more about the rav than he has kaufmann you two need to stop bantering each other and you are guilty that too. by the way George you know my e heads are sitting on the shelf!
Always enjoyed talking to you at Norwalk, Danny.
Agree that a RA-V head from Don would be an outstanding upgrade for several people.
Your deal should be really nice when finished.

I almost made a bantering post but I deleted it, whew.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:46 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
post no.190

GTO George
Thats your beef with them? That seems fairly pathetic...You have a beef with a manufacturer simply because they didnt do more than they did? You act like the Pontiac world lined the Edelbrock pockets...Thats just nuts.

Old 10-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Thats your beef with them? That seems fairly pathetic...You have a beef with a manufacturer simply because they didnt do more than they did? You act like the Pontiac world lined the Edelbrock pockets...Thats just nuts.
That's not what this thread is about anyways besides everyone has an opinion!

GTO George

Old 10-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I pretty much agree with what Sikgoat posted.
I will leave it at this.
E heads, 1000+ HP without crazy effort. 1200HP with big effort. 410-420cfm max.
High Ports can get you 1150HP without crazy effort. I dont think they have yet beat Mikes record but most know they can. That is where he was going. Can go 460+cfm
Tigers can get near 1200HP and Langer has got close to 1300HP WITH crazy effort. Can go 500"cfm
Pro Ports, not sure of the max NA power. Was it Marcella who got the most ? Dont see the real difference between them and Tigers. But Pro Ports have had issues pulling rocker studs on big builds. Weak right there.
Then you have the "others". Wont talk CVs, done too much of that, people know what I think.
The new RAV heads are interesting. Time will tell on how much NA power they can make. Still a pushrod in the port, some porters are not going to even want to wrap their heads around it, whole new learning curve to a point. I know some very good ones who have done just that. I think they will end up somewhere in between the E head and Tiger NA. Blown might be their best bet, like the originals. The ex is a huge help.
Warps, big head and power available. Lots of talk about valve train issues. BBC head on a Pontiac. If that floats your boat, OK. But they will not sell to just anyone, another issue.
Visners have been shown to run past the E heads thats for sure. But very expensive, the most expensive. Not sure if they can make more power than the Tigers though.
The new non pushrod in the port RAV head is a wild card. We just dont know. Numbers look very good to start. Time will tell. Did make the most Pontiac power ever in a blown alcohol engine. Enough to give a very tough iron block severe problems. We will see how the new NA efforts go. Proven, track record types involved with that. But will they make more than Langers NA ?

It tells me its all about bore spacing in the end.
We have just gone about as far as we can with our "mid" block engine.
What I would like to see, is a effort like Marcellas 460 something small block. Its inline valve. Why cant all the high end sbc tricks be done to our Pontiacs ? We are a little bit larger than them, someone should figure out a way to make that translate.

I like High Ports better than E heads. But I could not in any way get mine to the level of these E heads for the money. So I just sold them to pay for a big chunk of my IA2A.
So, EHTTFMF!!!! And Tigers are still King.
BTW, who coined that, KK or Mike ?
I am in no way comparing myself to Mike. But he did inspire me And had the most NA E head power ever. I am trying to do a mini Mike engine, most pump gas E headed power. I can not afford all the high end stuff and trial and error testing he did. Marcella learned a lot right along with Mike. All the help, info and advise from him and John I can get I will try and put to use.
The money I will have in this engine, in the end will surprise some. I could not have done it the traditional way.

Last edited by Dragncar; 10-04-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Suspended

7, 8 paragraphs and he said nothing....damn long winded!
OK my turn, the fastest heads up Pontiac door cars are trading in their e-heads and others want too...hmmmm! The 2 quickest & Fastest Pontiacs in the World DONT have e-heads (one has Warp6 and the other has Billet RA5), Big Chief is switching from e heads, their all doing it for a reason, nuff said!

GTO GEORGE

Old 10-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
7, 8 paragraphs and he said nothing....damn long winded!
OK my turn, the fastest heads up Pontiac door cars are trading in their e-heads and others want too...hmmmm! The 2 quickest & Fastest Pontiacs in the World DONT have e-heads (one has Warp6 and the other has Billet RA5), Big Chief is switching from e heads, their all doing it for a reason, nuff said!

GTO GEORGE
I'll agree with that.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph