Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 07-20-2023, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That clears it up ... So State Farm has a very large holding of the public stock, but is not operating Hagerty. I never realized just how large Hagerty is, I thought they were a small outfit, but evidently they are a conglomerate worth billions. Wonder if State Farm bought into all Hagerty's concerns, or just the insurance part of it.

I think a lot of people have a bad attitude about insurance companies because they pay for it for decades without making a claim and then when they do make a claim they get treated like someone that files a claim every year.

Old 07-20-2023, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I think a lot of people have a bad attitude about insurance companies because they pay for it for decades without making a claim and then when they do make a claim they get treated like someone that files a claim every year.
Yup.

Now that's the only bad experience I've ever had with an insurance company. I've had Grundy, American Auto, and Hagerty at different times throughout the years but only had State Farm on the 3 houses we've owned and property, and a few newer cars we had decades ago. Never a claim till now and that's how we get treated.

All that water damage in the house now is completely State Farms fault and I told the last adjuster that. If they had acted in a timely manor like all the other insurance companies did fixing the houses on my street, we would have never had the water damage. That's the part that really gets the blood boiling.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 03:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've had a several auto claims on my SF policy in recent years. Most all comprehensive. Couple deer strikes, couple rock damage to the windshields on I287, and 2 varmint damage. One varmint damage was to our BMW that lead to a new gas tank, wasn't cheap for sure. Another just this month. A varmint (probably a squirrel) chewed up the windshield wiper harness on my Colorado. All were covered efficiently.

I will say I've never had a claim against my home owners so no experience there.

65 Tempest, 400, TH400
86 Fiero SE 2.8
Old 10-28-2023, 04:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well got my yearly renewal. Went up 700 dollars for no reason. Gotta call Monday.

Old 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I got a random bill in the mail from them a week after I renewed over the phone. I called them and they said it was for adding my '72 Chevy C/10 pickup. The problem is that I don't own a Chevy.
They straightened it out but just goes to show, you have to pay attention.

The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Reid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2023, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I called and while they don’t have a mileage cap they do have mileage tiers and their default is WAY higher than I will be driving in a year. I lowered it to a realistic number and it cut my payment by 1/3.

Old 10-31-2023, 01:44 PM

I have had haggerty since 2017 and my annual cost was $249 and has never gone up! Agreed value was 20k. The T/A is worth considerably more today. So, I called yesterday and got them to raise my value to 30k for a new annual of $352.

Old 10-31-2023, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

2014 here... Rate hasn't gone up either other than when I raised the value. I'm pretty happy with Hagerty. Only had to use them once for a tow but it was flawless.

Old 10-31-2023, 06:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My Hagerty policy is written with a “guaranteed value”….never had an issue with Hagerty in 26 + years

71 GTO, 463, KRE 295 cfm heads ported by SD Performance, RPM intake, Qjet, Dougs Headers, Comp cams HR 246/252 ...11 to 1 , 3.55 cogs, 3985lbs.....day three- 11.04 at 120mph ....1.53 60', 6.98 1/8 mile
Old 10-31-2023, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for all the info.