Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Bob Lundwall ?

Does anyone know Bob Lundwall? Is he on the forums? He has a '64 GP with a Richmond five speed and a Lakewood bell housing and I'd like to get some insight from him for my '63 Safari as I am using the same trans and bell housing.

Thanks,
Rob...

Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob is the man behind the 15" 8-lug hoops...I don't have his contact info on hand so google Retro-Motive Wheels Wisconsin...should bring up his number.

Leave a message if you get a machine.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Rob,

You may want to talk with Brad at Fabcraft about this also. Richmond was bought out by a company up in Chicago. I don't recall the name, but their stuff may be a bit more difficult to track down due to that. Another issue may be parts availability on them too should something go wrong. Fabcraft sells these transmissions and Brad has/had a relationship with them to make other goodies for him as well. I'm not saying they're bad transmissions or anything, but with new ownership, something may change.
I think I mentioned before also, that there are two 5 speed transmissions. One is a 5 speed, the other is what they refer to as a 4 plus 1 overdrive. I have that 4 plus one. I think it's also called the Super Street. Basically a 4 speed with overdrive. Just be sure you're aware on which one you want and purchase. Brad can help to clarify and probably has updated info on them being bought out. Last I spoke with him was around April-May last year. Anything could have changed since then.

I'm pleased with the one I have, but a little concerned about getting parts for it now if something should go south with the company.

Have a good one,

Kevin

Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Suspended

Brad also installed one in a '61 Ventura I think it was when he first started carrying the transmissions, so he is familiar with the installation.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
Does anyone know Bob Lundwall? Is he on the forums? He has a '64 GP with a Richmond five speed and a Lakewood bell housing and I'd like to get some insight from him for my '63 Safari as I am using the same trans and bell housing.

Thanks,
Rob...
Met bob at rte66 convention couple years ago and have seen the car. Nice guy. He gave me his contact info and I'm sure I could find it if you need it.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mviker View Post
Rob,

You may want to talk with Brad at Fabcraft about this also. Richmond was bought out by a company up in Chicago. I don't recall the name, but their stuff may be a bit more difficult to track down due to that. Another issue may be parts availability on them too should something go wrong. Fabcraft sells these transmissions and Brad has/had a relationship with them to make other goodies for him as well. I'm not saying they're bad transmissions or anything, but with new ownership, something may change.
I think I mentioned before also, that there are two 5 speed transmissions. One is a 5 speed, the other is what they refer to as a 4 plus 1 overdrive. I have that 4 plus one. I think it's also called the Super Street. Basically a 4 speed with overdrive. Just be sure you're aware on which one you want and purchase. Brad can help to clarify and probably has updated info on them being bought out. Last I spoke with him was around April-May last year. Anything could have changed since then.

I'm pleased with the one I have, but a little concerned about getting parts for it now if something should go south with the company.

Have a good one,

Kevin
Bought my 5 speed from Brad. As well as a bunch of other stuff. And yes, he's a wealth of info and a great guy. I have a few pics of Bob's GP with the Lakewood bell and wanted a better pic of where he added the ball stud for the z-bar. It needs to be welded on to the bell housing. Any other install info would be nice too. I have not asked Brad about his '61 install but might.
I just picked up a bare block so I can mock up my motor install and do some planning on z-bar and trans mount stuff. Hope to make some progress this year as it sat much of last year. Warmer weather is coming here in MA! I will also check out Retro-Motive Wheels.

Thanks guys!