Old 03-27-2005, 11:53 AM

That is what I am calling my 77 Grand Prix with the Can Am scoops in it.

Thanks, Scott

77 Gand Prix SJ-X?
67 GS 400 Blue Mist
67 GS 400 Ivory
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-008F.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	20823  

Old 03-27-2005, 11:53 AM

That is what I am calling my 77 Grand Prix with the Can Am scoops in it.

Thanks, Scott

77 Gand Prix SJ-X?
67 GS 400 Blue Mist
67 GS 400 Ivory

Old 03-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Senior Chief

Actually they are 73-75 NACA / NASA scoops like first came in the 73 GTO, the 77 Can Am never had twin scoops, it had a shaker like the TA. The GP looks great!

Wanted 1977 Can Am forgotten projects or parts cars, other 73-77 Pontiac A-bodys, also 4-speed setup for 73-77 GTO, Grand Ams, CA e-mail me shubedo1@yahoo.com with info. Buy Sell or Trade --------------------------------------
Old 03-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Senior Chief

Car looks sharp, wouldn't mine a set of those on my hood. But I won't copy your set up. Are you going to finish the trim?
Jerry

Old 03-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott, that is a wicked sharp GP! Unlike Jerry, I wouldn't stop myself from copying your look since it is so cool. How'd you do it? Any install pics?

Old 03-28-2005, 06:12 PM

that's a good looking 77. i always wondered what one of these car s would look like with the 68-72 gto scoops grafted in but never thought of the 73-5 naca ducts.

sharp car, now if baker would get the r/a system repopped.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-29-2005, 07:02 AM

I dont know what you mean by finish out the trim, but I am looking for the air cleaner for this hood. I think an originial would fit as I set them back the same distance as the originial hood that I had. I am guessing that the motors are the same distance back on both the Grand Prix and the Grand Am? Before anyone gives me crap about cutting up the hood, the hood that I cut up couldnt be saved. I should know, Im a body man for 20 years. I first cut and mounted the center of the Grand Am hood on a 77 Grand Prix hood. this gave me the location of the scoops from the back which I traced out and cut. Then I welded the cut outs on the hood and the rest is history after some body work. I dont know if this is one of a kind, but it does look cool. I even put a light inside the hood so at knight it shines out the scoops. COOOL!!!! If any one has an air cleaner that they would like to sell please give me an Email at Dscheffen@ aol.com

Thanks, Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-011F.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	6396  

Old 04-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That looks really cool, I just picked up a Black on Black 76 GP yesterday. Drove it from Nashville, TN to Shelbyville, IN (290 miles) at 75+ mph with no problems. I was thinking about putting a T/A shaker on it until now. That looks great, and you can keep the chrome strip on the hood's centerline. Do you have a template from installing yours that you could provide? And/or photos showing what all is involved? Or perhaps you'd be willing to do another one for me? I'm not a body man. Dave

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 04-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

P.S., I assume by finish out the trim, he meant the wheel opening and rocker trim. I think it would lokk great either way. Dave

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 04-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Senior Chief

I didnt mean anything bad by it, Just couldn,t tell if it had the wheel well moldings. That silver is so shiny. Yea make us all a template. I was just through Shelbyville las weekend. I drove mine to Daytona and back at 70 plus mph. It renewed my love for it. I never get to drive it so I decided to put some miles on it.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey 77GP, we ought to get together at a cruise sometime, we aren't that far apart. Yeah, except for gas cost, they are great road cars.
Dave

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 04-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Senior Chief

Let me know if there are any shows or anything in your area. I will do teh same for you and maybe we can get together sometime.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:09 AM

I will try to get pictures of the undersside of hood and you should be able to tell how I did it.

Thanks, Scott

Old 04-09-2005, 05:09 AM

I will try to take pictures this weekend if the camera is around. I dont have a template, but by looking at the underside of the hood you should be able to see how I did this.

Thanks,Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-685S.JPG (63.1 KB, 200 views)

Old 04-26-2005, 04:42 PM

I like your car! I have seen it on the web somewhere before. And I'm gonna stroke your ego a bit here -- I save all of the pictures of cars on the web that I like for a little "album" of mine; and I plan to make a section on my web page for them. I am very selective about the cars on there, and I only choose one picture for each car. I get a lot of the pics from Ebay, but many more from sites like this one. I have a Grand Prix section of course, as well as sections for other cars that I love such as 71-74 Dodge Chargers.

So in case you have not figured out where this is going, I saved a picture of your car a long time ago, from wherever it was that I saw it. Probably about two years ago by now. I really like your GP and its hood.

I plan to do a shaker on my 77. I am sure that somewhere, someone has done it but I have not seen it yet. A shaker with the 6.6 decals on it for my 6.6, yeah I can see it already...

Old 02-24-2006, 11:58 PM

talk about rare gp's, before anyone asks me tons of questions, i have no idea if this is for real or not its just how i bought it. also, before people asks chews my head off about it, im trying at the moment to get a scanner so i can upload pix. i have pix as well to send to the yahoo group 73-77gp as well. i bought a triple black 77 back when i was 16, now 22. has a full t-top like a corvette with no middle strip. has no stripe, with chrome leaf 455 h/o at each corner of the hood. monte style rotating seats. dual gate shifter with camaro style square gauges on the console, with a horseshoe handle. and get this. the badging says slj hurst limited, or hurst slj limited. i have tons of pix waiting to be uploaded. you have my word when i get the scanner the pix will be uploaded.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabz77gp
talk about rare gp's, before anyone asks me tons of questions, i have no idea if this is for real or not its just how i bought it. also, before people asks chews my head off about it, im trying at the moment to get a scanner so i can upload pix. i have pix as well to send to the yahoo group 73-77gp as well. i bought a triple black 77 back when i was 16, now 22. has a full t-top like a corvette with no middle strip. has no stripe, with chrome leaf 455 h/o at each corner of the hood. monte style rotating seats. dual gate shifter with camaro style square gauges on the console, with a horseshoe handle. and get this. the badging says slj hurst limited, or hurst slj limited. i have tons of pix waiting to be uploaded. you have my word when i get the scanner the pix will be uploaded.
I can't wait to see it, if you can't get them posted here, please send them to my e-mail address...cd101@mindspring.com.
Thanks, Daver

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 03-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Senior Chief

Daver, any word of any shows coming up? I just finished my Z-28 and could bring both cars. I still wouldnt mind having that hood if we could find the scoops. I know a few body guys but unsure if they could accomplish it.Phots would help.