Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-13-2023, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default throw out bearing

Putting a tkx in my 66 gto...............seems im having a throw out bearing issue, have two, one says 614018 think its a timkin.............the other has no tag on it, but i thing its a Center force N 1716, just a little bigger than the timkin..............somehow got them mixed up and cant remember what i took off the trans................

Center force clutch and pressure plate if that helps..................which ones are you guys running with the tkx...............as usual sorry for the confusion...........its the way i roll.

Rich

Old 04-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, a pic of the two i have..............i know i used one, just cant remember, the N1716 is just a little bigger than the 614018.............any thoughts on this one guys.

Im taking it these are the smaller heights, not the tall ones.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Center force bearing.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	610688  

Old 04-14-2023, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

sorry i cant help with which one to use for that trans... hopefully someone that uses that trans will chime in. if not, it would probably easier to call the trans company tech line to ask what they say to use.

Old 04-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you're not using a hydraulic throwout bearing you should be able to use a stock replacement. That's what I did when I went to a 5 speed(Legend), and no problems.

Old 04-14-2023, 05:33 PM

Just put a TKX in my 70 GTO and the one on the right looks just like the one SST sent with my kit and it works just fine.

Old 04-14-2023, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjudge View Post
Just put a TKX in my 70 GTO and the one on the right looks just like the one SST sent with my kit and it works just fine.
Thanks for that info...................going check with sst, i didnt get a throwout bearing..........gonna check if i got the kit...............not sure lol.

Rich