Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2022, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455
Default Tri Y FBody Header interest 304 stainless

Met with a couple companies at the PRI show & threw out the idea of making a run of the Tri Y FBody Headers. Similar to Tribal tubes. Since Ron seems to have stopped making these, perhaps this would be a nice offering. Looking to see interest if these were to be made. They would be 304 Stainless, 3" collector with V band option, All TIG welded, two (2) O2 bungs per side (narrow band & wideband for tuning), 1 3/4 dia primaries. O2 bungs would be placed to clear & still be accessible for 6 speed manual transmissions which are larger than any factory offering in this area. Price point would be on par with good modern muscle headers. These will not be cheap & may be one of the more more expensive header options. At small quantities (<100) sets, the $600 price point is unobtainable. These would be over 1200 but under 1800. Polished would be additional. Port shape based on most interest. They would be snug to the floor for low ride height cars, yet ample clearance so they dont hit the floor.

Depending on design direction, I may go the length of 3D scanning the body/ chassis, powertrain & existing header mock up so the deliverable will be all CAD designed.

I've played with 2nd Gen platform & various driveline configurations for decades. Used cheap 3 tube heads, Dougs, Hookers, Headman, Tribal tubes, modern engine swap headers, ect thus familiar with the nuances of each.

Looking to see if there's enough interest to make the R&D & investment worthwhile to provide a very high quality & excellent fitting piece to the market with reasonable delivery time.

You can email me directly at transam_engineer at yahoo dot com.

Had to break up the email as last time I used in it traditional format I received a few scammers.

Build: http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...1978+g+machine
1999 30th Trans Am 6 spd, T top