Old 12-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Finally the day to install the repro rocker moldings

After 10 years and having to do everything over at least twice, the morning is blessed with still another set back. Yup those very pricey rockers taken from their never opened or inspected sacks and purchased when PY was still in business, has evidently been waiting like a time bomb. Corvex is the brand and absolutely s___t for fit and finish. Installed, they would not even qualify for 10 footers. The ends are crudely folded and beat into some sort of shape and polished to the point that enough material was removed causing a split in one of the folds. Absolute junk.
Anyone with the Ames rockers have a comment? Ames has always treated me well and I will be putting another order together shortly.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I have an extra set of originals; I have no idea what their value is or how much it would cost to ship.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have 2 original sets but all have issues. Please check yours and maybe five me a PM shout.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Keep in mind that even the original ones were a b!tch to reinstall; and if you have any issues at all with your sheetmetal or bodywork in that area they will not look good when installed.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 12-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wish I could blame the body work Jerry but I have a no rust original car and no lower fender patches. If you read the first post its about the poor quality of the molding that stands out especially the ends that were hand formed. I know what you are referring to with misaligned fender to door and rocker panel.. they have to be in a straight line to let the molding lay flat. A lower fender patch must be installed correctly as too much material will misalign the molding. The current patches aren`t great either but if you can`t fab your own, it is the only thing available.

Last edited by War eagle; 12-02-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well that sucks, I have a set of those sitting in the shelf. bought them a few years back and never got around to installing them. And now I will just leave the originals on there. Originally I was scared of scratching the paint while trying to install them so anybody want to buy some rocker panel mouldings??