Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Geico Auto Insurance ?

Got an online quote that looks good. Looks like no real agent to deal with. Becoming insurance poor these days and shopping around. THANKS Progressive has gotten crazy!

Old 03-30-2014, 08:46 AM

I've been with Grange for 26/27 years never a problem and fare pricing even on my Trans Am for insured value. www.grangeinsurance.com if you want to give them a look. I think this is their number 1-800-425-1100.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We are switching to Safeco this week. $1200 cheaper/yr than Allstate.
If your insurance company spends hundreds of millions/yr on advertising, someone has to pay for it. In the 1980's Geico was banned from doing business in Illinois due to unsavory practices, but that was 30 years ago. Now Geico is a Warren Buffet company and he says no limits to spending money to grow the business.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GEICO may equal cut rate insurance. Meaning if your car needs to be fixed, more than likely it will be fixed with aftermarket or used parts. That's what I've been told many times anyway.

Been with State Farm for 30 years.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Senior Chief

I was hit by someone with Geico about 10-12 years ago. I went down to their office to do the paperwork and have my car looked at. For what they spend on advertising, their office looked like an empty warehouse with some desks and cheap cubicles. Honestly it was pathetic. And the $$ they gave me was an absolute lowball offer. But I took it and ran since the car was a beater and I fixed it with junkyard parts. I was not impressed.
I've used Allstate for at least 15 years with no complaints.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of the guys at work knows a Geico insured that got hit.
They took her car to the Chicago area for the estimate. That's about 60 miles(over an hour from here).
Haven't heard if same place that does repairs yet.
Hard to believe there's no shop in NW Indiana.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 04-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW, depending on availability and type of parts, all the companies make shops use aftermarket and/or used parts if the car manufacturer's cant price match.
Been go'n on for years.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100