Old 10-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I am starting this for fun, and I am bored and at work this evening.

Okay, one of my pet peeves is seeing a nicely painted GTO (71, 72) and they don't paint the hood scoop bars black. I don't know if many people realize that...obviously not
The lip all around and the bars are supposed to be painted black, not body color. And oh yeah, on 72's when the fender vents aren't painted black either...LoL

What's your little pet peeve?

Pat

Old 10-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I am starting this for fun, and I am bored and at work this evening.

Okay, one of my pet peeves is seeing a nicely painted GTO (71, 72) and they don't paint the hood scoop bars black. I don't know if many people realize that...obviously not
The lip all around and the bars are supposed to be painted black, not body color. And oh yeah, on 72's when the fender vents aren't painted black either...LoL

What's your little pet peeve?

Pat

Old 10-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I cannot stand having to move things out of the way just to get the milk from the refrigerator!

Old 10-13-2004, 03:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Pat, You just made my day. A while ago I painted my bars black because I thought thats how they were supposed to be. After the painting was done I went through every 71 and 72 on the ultimate GTO site and couldn't find one that wasn't body color and had the black. So I thought maybe I was wrong,,, Thanks Bill
p.s. Sorry don't really have any pet peaves

Old 10-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Really can't call them "pet peaves", but two things do bother me on '70 GTO restorations:
1. Using the wrong decal on the trunk lid, now that the correct smaller ones are available again.

2. Chrome exhaust splitters that stick out so far that they look like "ricer" pipes. The assy manuals show the splitters only 1" from the valance.

10.09 @ 133
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM

To go along with Bill Meyer's statement on the splitters......

Having chrome exhaust splitters 1" from the valance as shown, causing a "swirling motion" of exhaust gases that fog up or fume up the back bumper and tailights. The whole car can be detailed out for a cruise, and depending on how cold it is, or how hard I drive it, 15 miles later I have a residue back there.

Worse when 3-4 gallons of 110 octane is mixed in with a tank. Slight detonation without it though.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One of the worst is those guys who really think the 70-72's are better looking than the 69's. Especially <span class="ev_code_BLUE">BLUE</span> ones.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Senior Chief

As for the trunk decals, I believe I asked about that here once and nobody had any answers. Now I find out about it!! I can live with it and besides, I also have the "sport stripe" which seems to annoy the heck out of 70 GTO nuts.

PS not grippin' just having fun.

My pet peeves... Black scoop inserts/spoilers on non- RAM air 70 GTOs... Also applies to firebirds.

Biggest peeve!! Bad 70 GTO clones with the stock tempest bumper painted! Bleeeech!!!

Mike

Old 10-13-2004, 11:15 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jones:
One of the worst is those guys who really think the 70-72's are better looking than the 69's. Especially <span class="ev_code_BLUE">BLUE</span> ones. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure you're not just green with envy?

Old 10-13-2004, 11:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goats_Hogs:
To go along with Bill Meyer's statement on the splitters......

Having chrome exhaust splitters 1" from the valance as shown, causing a "swirling motion" of exhaust gases that fog up or fume up the back bumper and tailights. The whole car can be detailed out for a cruise, and depending on how cold it is, or how hard I drive it, 15 miles later I have a residue back there.

Worse when 3-4 gallons of 110 octane is mixed in with a tank. Slight detonation without it though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

long haired, harley riding, 70 owners who complain about residue on the bumper when they drive the car!

you got that thing put up yet brent?

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-13-2004, 11:56 AM

Not yet. Not until the snow (read as salt) falls.....

And I cut my hair about a month ago...... where you been?

Old 10-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Me? Green with envy? What is a Verdoro anyway?</span>

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:25 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goats_Hogs:
Not yet. Not until the snow (read as salt) falls.....

And I cut my hair about a month ago...... where you been? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

waiting on you to show up here. i heard from a good source that you were talking about coming up to check out the latest arrival in the driveway.

the ducktail weekend was not a good one around here or i'd have seen you over there.

i'm sure you heard about that from marty tho.

sasquatch with short hair, hmmmmm. i'll have to see this to believe it, of course he hides when we stop by on our way thru his town.

mike

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-13-2004, 12:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jones:
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Me? Green with envy? What is a Verdoro anyway?</span> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

vedero = shiny camo paint.

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-13-2004, 01:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bjohnson:
CLONES & FAKES, ALL ORIGINAL NEVER TOUCH "EXCEPT",
LEMANS'S ADVERTISED AS GTOs, EVERYBODY SAYS THEY HAVE RAM AIR HEADS. I THINK THERE IS MORE JUDGES NOW THEN WHEN THEY WERE MANUFACTURED. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 10-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Senior Chief

Inside of hood tachs painted body color instead of flat black.

The 64-65 guys and the 66-67 guys who think their GTO generations are the coolest/best/etc.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GTO owners that thumb their noses at a LeMans.

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 10-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chebbie engines in Pontiacs, F**d engines in Chubbys, etc...

Also I don't understand the cid stickers on the Pontiac air cleaner lids. What's the deal with that?

Old 10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

People who don't acknowledge other people's preference. People who don't respect other people's opinions and choices. People who don't live and let live. People who lie cheat and steal.

Old 10-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gtoric:
Chebbie engines in Pontiacs, F**d engines in Chubbys, etc...

Also I don't understand the cid stickers on the Pontiac air cleaner lids. What's the deal There ya go! Can`t figure out the wrong Buick
400-4 or 455-4 decals either.