Old 05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peje View Post
No burnouts allowed on the streets,70 dollar ticket for every meter!!

Is that combined or for each stripe you make ?

127 meters x 70Usd = 8890 Usd and since I got a new posi unit that should add up to 17,780 Usd right ?

Not so bad really

Hahaha reminds me of when I was 20 years old and did loose my driving license for burning up Rosenkrantz gate in the middle of Oslo(from the city hall and up to the main walking street Karl johan), the tracks where about 1/2 mile long, the angry face of the police man that did stop me was nothing compared to the judge that took my license.. Ahh that was the good old days

Last edited by Loffen; 05-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Would be fun to meet you there! And yes,probably going to this "maniac-show".Quite fun to watch this drunk monkeyhouse! It`s estimates that there are about 100.000 people or more this weekend in Västerås.The sad thing is that it stands almost still at the CRUISING,takes HOURS to cruise around the city.And the Police,they don`t like this at all.As i said before,Wild West.. Watch YouTube and you know what I mean.(Power Meet)

Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Raggare... just a part of the sweedish culture I guess..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGSNW3PnG_w

Anyways, I do not think I will go crusing, below is a quiet video from the meeting, more my style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHb0kpy3AAU

Last edited by Loffen; 05-10-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hi Loffen! The easy way to describe "Raggare" for the Americans is the word "Greaser" or "Rockers".But I think Rockers are more bikers and Greasers are more into cars.Our interest for American cars goes back to 1955/56.Young working class people that liked EVERYTHING that came from USA.Cars,music,clothes,the whole lifestyle.So "RAGGARE" have been around here now for 57 years and it is stronger than ever! We love the American Classic Cars and we love the Rock`n Roll and Rockabilly. 4-5 car meetings every weekends in the summer all over Sweden.So YES,we love the rumble of the old V8:s,listen to the good old Rock`n Roll and of course we love all the beutiful models that USA made through the "Golden Years" Tomorrow we`ll gonna cruise with my buddies 1968 Buick Electra 225 Convertible. Compared to his boring SAAB this is a BATTLESHIP!!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Back from Budapest and still suffering from my surgery but had no time to loose so I started to mount the shocks, the rear ones went on as a charm (try to mount them with one usable arm..) but one of the front ones where almost impossible to extend to it's full length, here is the reason.

It did also have some beating..

They where bought on Ebay from a seller called Hiltopap and I just want to share his answer when I told him about the bad shock (feedback was left when I got the shocks), I quote :

"Espen; Sorry about that. I'll get a replacement out in the morning. I'll send tracking when I get it. John"

So guys, there is still honest sellers that trust their customers and stand behind the products they sell out there, no pictures needed, no argument, no hassle, John made my day in more than one way today

Old 05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Epsen - thanks for giving that seller some good PR. Not enough of that these days.

BJ

Old 05-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks

It is allways easy to talk trash about others (sometimes with a good reason) and I can be good at it, but I think it is important to mention the good guys to

There is a lot of sellers on the bay that I have bought from once and I will never do it again, looks like they do not care once they got the money, then you have sellers like Hiltopap, second time I bought from him and hope buy more in the future.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well not much happening, the body is still at the paint shop and I am waiting for a lot of parts..
So now I am preparing the other items, sone done withe all the chrome items and when they are done I will start with the door panels.

All moldings will have a final clean up when they are on the car but you can see the difference from how they used to be now

Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had a bad one last night, Looks like I will not be attending to the power big meet this year due to my sales man at PY..

Well ok I can not give him all the blame, I was late ordering parts but the May 15 I did ask him what was missing on my order, everything was there including the convertible top and gas tank except some screws and stickers .

So we did agree that they should send everything they had in house to my shipper.

So far so good, my shipper sends containers to Norway by sea twice a month, they use 3 weeks to get over the pond and my parts would make it in time if they where shipped from PY May the 16.

The gas tank was really no problem as I have the old one, but I can not get the interior done without the convertible top...

So last night I sent an email asking for the tracking numbers on the packages... I got this answer :

Hi Espen,
I am sorry maybe i didn't understand you, are we shipping all large items to the NJ address?

WTF !!!!! ???????? Ok ok I do not want to post all the emails but it was pretty clear thaty everything was going to NJ and should be shipped ASAP, and if it was a problem why did he not contact me ???

I guess I just had to empty my selv, was pretty upset sad and angry, I know PY has other costumers and for sure a lot to do this time of year, but a little follow up and care on a 3500 $ order would not hurt either

So this small "misshap" did cost me a week that I really do not have, it will delay the parts 2-3 weeks on my side and I will not make the the power big meet where I was aming for a prize in the -70 original car class and a prize there would have been nice if I decided to sell the car.. oh well maybe it was not the meaning to happend after all.....

Last edited by Loffen; 05-22-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Damn, Loffen, that SUCKS!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 PM

That does suck.. Any chance with another forwarder? Only ones I know of are Waco Systems, DB Schenker, maybe Panalpina.. I checked if I still have any cust contacts in Norway but nothing active, closest was Finland and Germany..these were the freight forwarders they used for my biz (part of which coincidentally is seam seal / RF tapes for aftermarket convertible tops). Let me know if I can assist. I re-checked and Waco Systems does have service to Norway. A pallet by air might be out of reach but if they consolidate by air or sea maybe you can save enough time to get what you want without breaking the bank account.

Last edited by mct37; 05-22-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks mtc37, I am working on it, the parts went out from PY yesterday and should arrive at my forwarder today if I am lucky.

I will try to get the top and small items over to air, should not be a large issue except for the shipping cost.

The gas tank will go by sea, I just can't afford to send it by air but then again it would not take more than an hour to mount it to the car and it will not stop the work like the top would do.

Oh well we will see, still hope I guess....

Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One nice thing happend today, the replacement shock from Hiltopap arrived and is on the car, not so bad, only 8 days since I did find out that one of the shocks where bad, Thanks John, great service

Old 05-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And three packages just arrived at my forwarder, I could only afford to ship two of them by air (the convertible top and window at a sweet 600 $ extra, Thanks PY..) and have to take a chance on the gas tank.

I talk to the owner of the shipping company and and he put the container on hold for me (he is a gear head and owns an Auburn !) so the gas tank should be here by the 13 of june...

The rest of the items will be here next thursday so now there is hope for me to get to the big meet again

Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"but I can not get the interior done without the convertible top..."

bull.

It takes a half hour to pull the rear seat and other stuff to install the top. Put in the interior, fold the top, put in a few strategically placed towels and cover with the boot... go to show, win, skip home with trophy and find top waiting for you to install.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry wrong words, I can/will not install the interior without the top done.

Interior is mostly done so that is not a problem, however remember where I live, 3-4 days without rain here is like hitting the jackpot, the car show is about 800 miles away (one way) but most important if I am going to show a car it will be done, not half way cheated and mocked up

Old 05-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ah. 800 miles is an issue...

Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It is a larger issue to me to not have the car done

But it is getting there, will go up to the paint shop in an hour and mask up the car for filler on the body

Old 05-24-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
It is a larger issue to me to not have the car done

But it is getting there, will go up to the paint shop in an hour and mask up the car for filler on the body
You must have more hours in a day in Norway. Even though the sun is shining (when not raining) for 20 hours a day you have to sleep sometimes..

Last edited by mct37; 05-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Let's see, today sunrise 04.11 sunset 22.46 but it does not get dark anyways

Ohh and we have had sun for a week now, and around 80 F outside, not so bad in the end of May