Old 12-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Looks like some 70 green interior parts available here on the forum including seat belts.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just so you know.... Ames sells most of the interior for 71 in Jade different than 70 green. Legendary is good stuff.

Not cheap as interior changeover is new headliner, visors, trim dyed, seat covers, door panels, carpet, belts can run 2-3k...

They don't sell seat belts. Hard plastic pieces and vinyl can be dyed.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:28 PM
Senior Chief

The only place that sells the OE comfort weave interior is SMS. Legendary sells something close but not 100% correct if that matters.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default '71 GTO factory order/option sheet

I'm looking for the '71 GTO factory order/option sheet that I saw here that a member kindly posted. I could have sworn that it was in this section but I can't find it. Can someone direct me to where it might be?? Thank you very much, Carmine.

Please disregard. I found it. TY.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.gt-37.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1675

1971 GT-37 - 350/M38, Rosewood Metallic/Black
www.GT-37.org
Old 12-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great. Thank you very much, Carmine.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tropical Lime I would think has to be the High Impact color for 1971 - akin to Orbit Orange for 70 & Carousel Red for 69.

Great car, but the interior needs a serious re-do.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Tropical Lime I would think has to be the High Impact color for 1971 - akin to Orbit Orange for 70 & Carousel Red for 69.

Totally agree. The black has to go. I would restore it to the original jade green interior, Carmine.

Old 12-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post

I think you're saying the interior is non original pattern type more so then the color, is that right?

Old 12-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Bought it

This morning I looked at the tropical lime green '71 GTO mentioned in these threads. Actually, it was my second look. Spent about 1.5 hours going over this car completely. Asked a lot of questions. The owner, from the previous owner, received a photo album of the restoration. This was certainly a body off frame restoration. I even checked out some of the body mounts-rubber-which looked new. Really studied all the panels which were laser straight. The paint was excellent with no flaws I could find. I know there are a few mechanical issues that I will correct. Admittedly, this color would not have been my first choice, but I had to factor in other circumstances also. Someone spent a lot of money on this restoration. According to the pics, 3 pieces of metal were replaced and they did an excellent job. I had previously looked at a ton of GTO's, and for the money, none compared to this one. So, my search is over. I bought the car and will pick it up Wednesday. Already ordered a car cover. Going to store it in the garage and slowly buy the parts I need to restore it to factory. Also going to get a few monthly Pontiac publications to read. I think you might be hearing from me more often. Thank you everyone for your prior help, Carmine.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congratulations! Post the PHS when you get it.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:35 AM
Senior Chief

Congratulations from one 71 owner to another. I won't be getting my car out of storage for another 3 -4 months and now you've got me chomping at the bit.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good job! That will be a nice car with a new interior too. Here is a car I use to own with Jade interior for reference.

Still owned by 1oldgoat too who can help you with any interior concerns as well I bet...

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=727558

Old 12-30-2016, 07:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to bringing it back to factory specs and driving it. I'm going to keep it covered in the garage for now. I have another project that needs my attention. Have to finish that first. If I get too many projects going, I become unfocused and that's not a good thing, Carmine.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congratulations - I had a Tropical Lime/Jade 71 myself....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXmqo1m7Nkg

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 12-30-2016, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

congratulations and enjoy. keep us posted on the progress when you get to it.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:48 PM
Senior Chief

I love Tropical Lime...

"Individual results may vary..."
Old 12-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yup. That's it alright. Honestly, it wouldn't be on my short list of colors if I could have ordered it new. I'm not sure it would make the long list either. The more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. Like acquiring a taste towards something. Starting to grow on me. I think I looked past the color to the quality application of the paint and body work. I was sold on that, Carmine.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:33 AM
Senior Chief

Green seems to be very polarizing. Some people hate it and some people love it. It depends on what you want out of a car and if/when you want to resell it.

"Individual results may vary..."
Old 12-31-2016, 07:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW64OWNER View Post
I think you're saying the interior is non original pattern type more so then the color, is that right?
Yes, that is correct. Actually, I don't like the black and certainly not the non stock pattern. After seeing some pics of the jade green interior posted here, I'm almost certain that will be my choice. Not only will it be stock but it looks nice. I really want to try and keep this car as original as possible. Why 2 owners ago, that person would have changed the interior like he did, I'll never know. He had to buy a new interior so why not the jade green?? Goes back to the old saying, it's you car, do as you please with it. The dash and console are presently black as was the steering wheel. The previous owner used what I thought he said was lacquer thinner and removed the black paint on the wheel and steering column. You can actually see the green. Guess I'll have to experiment with the dash and console. Has me wondering if maybe the door panels are also painted?? I have a suspicion I will be finding out.

This car is coming with a green vinyl top that was never installed and two sets of trim for the top; one original and the other repo. I'm told that the car had a factory vinyl top but I want to see the PHS documentation first. The same person who changed the interior also had the car restored. For whatever reason, he bought this top but never had it installed. Had the holes filled and top painted. Hmmmm....................wonder why, not that it matters now. Anyhow, I stopped by a local trim shop yesterday and requested an estimate to have the vinyl top installed, using my top and trim. Guess I live in the dark ages; $650-$800. OUCH. Certainly not going to do it myself. Out of the question. So, I'll look elsewhere. Certainly don't want to sacrifice quality for money, but I think he was a little pricey, Carmine.