Old 10-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Senior Chief

Default Comfortweave Color

Folks, wondering what the opinion is on original 1970 GTO green interior color.
When I got it 11 yrs ago, had a rough dark "forest" green interior. Got PUI covers and panels, they are the metallic green. I hate the weave stamped interior, way to hot and after seeing some originals, don't like the look of the stamped.
Ordered from SMS, it showed up as original but forest green. (I believe this is correct)

Local guy will sew in the comfortweave, but will either need to get new skirts from Legendary, or our local Fibrenew guy can dye (not paint) the comfortweave. Cheaper to dye, the guy isn't sure what it is made of, he thought it was kind of rubbery to be typical vinyl. He needs to test the adhesion.

Thoughts on original color?
Is the SMS comfortweave vinyl? Thought i saw a thread where somebody thought weave from SMS was not original stuff, gal on the phone told me it was.

Thanks, will post a pic when I get home later.

Brent

Old 10-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have original 1970 dealership sales materials that contain samples of the various interior materials, including the comfort weave. If you want to mail me a patch, I would compare it to the original and let you know what I think.