Old 10-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Canadian Lemans/T's with Chevy 350's

Does anyone have info or numbers on 71-72 Pontiac A-Bodies with Chevy 350 motors or what the shop manual call Orange Engines? Would these have been assembled in the Oshawa plant? Never seen any info on Lemans/T-37's built after 1970 model year in Canada. God forbid they built a GT-37 with a Chevy motor

Old 10-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cars built and sold for the Canadian market were were built at Oshawa with 350 Chevies. Cars built for the US market received the Pontiac 350.

5943 2D37 cars were built for the Canadian market in 72.

Go to the Canadian Poncho forum and search for 'production numbers'. I think you'll have more luck there.

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/

Old 10-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good stuff thanks! There were lots of US built 71's shipped and sold in Canada. These would of had Pontiac motors I'm sure.

The owners manual on my 71 Lemans vert is the Canadian version (red). Car was built in Pontiac, has a Pontiac motor, etc.. Car has a fuel evap canister that has three ports, little different looking than the ones you typically find. They list two, tune-up specs for 350 engines. They label them "blue" or "orange" engines. Guess you can't get those confused.

My GT-37 was also Pontiac built, Pontiac motor, etc., and sold in Winnipeg Canada. The original owners manual was the US version (blue). Also had the same fuel evap canister that other US cars had. Nothing different.

Not sure if anything would be different on the Canadian sold Pontiacs with Pontiac motors....

Old 10-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the US built, Canadian sold cars are the same. Except the mandatory rear defogger. Its freaking cold here

Old 10-19-2015, 12:04 PM

wow I never even knew there was a Canadian Poncho Registery
The plot thickens

Old 10-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Interesting that the rear axle is listed as a 2.73, which is the carrier break for the 8.5. I thought that BOP 8.2's had 2.78's.

Could it be that the Canadian Lemans got 8.5's?

Old 10-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Interesting that the rear axle is listed as a 2.73, which is the carrier break for the 8.5. I thought that BOP 8.2's had 2.78's.

Could it be that the Canadian Lemans got 8.5's?
Have ran across that before on Canadian built 350 2 bbl chebby LeMans, cars had 8.2 Chebby rears. On 2.78 ratio, for '70-72 was only a Pontiac 8.2 gear.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My Oshawa built 72 has a 8.5 rear end. Built at McKinnon (as per the axle codes).

I believe its original to the car, being built at the Canadian McKinnon plant, it makes sense. I've seen some funky stuff on Canadian cars....