Old 03-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 03-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Old 03-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Installed new windshield, door handles and lock,ignition set. Started to install door and 1/4 glass but realized we needed a few new internal parts for the tracks to work properly.. Was sent door weatherstrip for a coupe so will need to exchange those for the right ones. It's starting to come around.

Can't wait to see it with new 17" rally II wheels. Hopefully starting engine build soon. Ordering new chrome for front and rear glass, new drip rail chrome, and valence chrome. New rear bumper soon as well.

Last edited by GREATGTO; 03-22-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
Decals all installed

... I'm drooling over here ...

Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... I'm drooling over here ...
How is yours coming along? Or is it in storage waiting?

Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREATGTO View Post
How is yours coming along? Or is it in storage waiting?
... yeah, it's last in line behind my engines ...

Old 03-23-2015, 09:06 PM

Default I'm Impressed

This is the first time that I have seen your thread on the GTO build and I am very impressed by your work. As the old saying goes I'd like to ride your coat tails and learn from you. I really like the design of your rotisserie, did you just freestyle the build or did you work from a set of plans? If you used plans can you point me in the direction as to where to obtain a set. Keep up the good work. Did you every get a photo of under the trunk lid? I would love to see how that turned out.

Regards,
KRich

Old 03-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Rich View Post
This is the first time that I have seen your thread on the GTO build and I am very impressed by your work. As the old saying goes I'd like to ride your coat tails and learn from you. I really like the design of your rotisserie, did you just freestyle the build or did you work from a set of plans? If you used plans can you point me in the direction as to where to obtain a set. Keep up the good work. Did you every get a photo of under the trunk lid? I would love to see how that turned out.

Regards,
KRich
Thank you. If I didn't post a pic of the underside I must not have taken one after the metal fabrication. Like I described before basically I cut the trunk lid just under the lock, inner structure and outer sheet metal . They were rusted really bad under all the fiberglass and filler someone tried to use on a prior repair. I cut an 1/8"" thick piece of sheet metal a little wider than the trunk lid to where I had about another 1/8"" extra on each side, this was so I could bend the correct radius from one end to the other and not come up short on the ends, the excess was cut off after all the welding was completed . I bolted the lid onto the car and gaps set where I wanted them.

The lids look flat but they are not, they have a slight bow to them. After it was tacked together I continued to tweak the radius until I thought it looked right. The inner structure was then welded to the 1/8" piece.

So from the bottom of the trunk lock outer hole on down is completely solid steel , not 2 layers of thin sheet metal like from the factory. Where moisture sits between the metals.

The inner structure was cut lower than the outer sheet metal so all the original lock holes on the inner structure were untouched . I will take a picture of the finished lid from the underside so you can see what it looks like. It does not look original , it looks better in my opinion, nice and clean and contoured with nowhere for moisture to ever sit.

As fas as the rotisserie goes the net if full of plans for them, I do not have any plans but I believe I listed what I used in previous posts. The cheap harbor freight worm gears worked ok but left a lot to be desired. Before I use mine again I plan on adding a few things like a balancing adjustment rod, it can be made using a simple trailer Jack to move each end of the car up or down to change the center of gravity to make it easier to rotate, even as is it worked really well, I think I had 300 dollars into the whole thing.

Last edited by GREATGTO; 03-24-2015 at 07:27 PM.