Old 11-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i hope it finds a good home soon.

Maybe, a PS guy!

Old 11-17-2014, 12:08 PM

Default MCR

Great write up in the MCR, love to see the ponchos in place of the run of the mill chebbies.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Fellas -

Haven't been around much. Figured I would bump the thread and check in. Don't know where the car is these days; lost track after it went to a dealer. As far as I know, the original engine is still out there. Hope it gets reunited with the car someday.

We're in Italy now; will be here for the next 1.5 or 2.5 years. Doing a lot of traveling; mostly for work - Macedonia (Skopje), Kosovo (Pristina), Belgium (Brussels), Bosnia (Sarajevo), Germany (Munich). Was headed to Ethiopia a few days ago, but got called back to the mother ship after flying to Germany to catch a flight to Addis Ababa.

We're headed home in April/May for a few weeks. Looking forward to putting some miles on my Fairlane convertible (66 GT, 428/4 sp), and Lemans convertible (455/TH400), both of which were recently completed. Details on the 68 here - http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=697631

In the middle of a nut and bolt resto/build of a 1972 Alfa Romeo GT in my garage. Disassembly almost complete. Neat little car with a DOHC all aluminum 4 cylinder; about 2,000 lbs in stock configuration.

Hope all is well with y'all.

Scott

Old 12-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf View Post
Fellas -

Haven't been around much. Figured I would bump the thread and check in. Don't know where the car is these days; lost track after it went to a dealer. As far as I know, the original engine is still out there. Hope it gets reunited with the car someday.

We're in Italy now; will be here for the next 1.5 or 2.5 years. Doing a lot of traveling; mostly for work - Macedonia (Skopje), Kosovo (Pristina), Belgium (Brussels), Bosnia (Sarajevo), Germany (Munich). Was headed to Ethiopia a few days ago, but got called back to the mother ship after flying to Germany to catch a flight to Addis Ababa.

We're headed home in April/May for a few weeks. Looking forward to putting some miles on my Fairlane convertible (66 GT, 428/4 sp), and Lemans convertible (455/TH400), both of which were recently completed. Details on the 68 here - http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=697631

In the middle of a nut and bolt resto/build of a 1972 Alfa Romeo GT in my garage. Disassembly almost complete. Neat little car with a DOHC all aluminum 4 cylinder; about 2,000 lbs in stock configuration.

Scott
Thanks for the update and stay aware & safe in your travels.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletpruf View Post
Fellas -

Scott
If I'm not mistaken the car was at MCACN in the back hall on display and for sale….it looked beautiful

Old 12-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Church View Post
If I'm not mistaken the car was at MCACN in the back hall on display and for sale….it looked beautiful
That may have been it, but there is a similar car out there -- think Jim Mattison owns it and it was for sale -- Pepper Green RAIV/M21 and dog dishes. It did have whitewalls on it the last time I saw it.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Don't feel bad, whoever owns the whitewall car cant sell it either. Yours was purchased by The Last Detail in Chicago, I saw it at mcacn for sale also but was lookin a little ragged, they must have had it out in the rain and drove it in it too. The hood was down so I didn't get to see engine compartment but looking under the front it was water spotted and dirty and the rear package tray for some reason was all warped like it got damp or sat out in high humidity and it needed a good buffing and detail. I wasn't to happy when I saw it.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime View Post
Don't feel bad, whoever owns the whitewall car cant sell it either. Yours was purchased by The Last Detail in Chicago, I saw it at mcacn for sale also but was lookin a little ragged, they must have had it out in the rain and drove it in it too. The hood was down so I didn't get to see engine compartment but looking under the front it was water spotted and dirty and the rear package tray for some reason was all warped like it got damp or sat out in high humidity and it needed a good buffing and detail. I wasn't to happy when I saw it.
Darrell -

Yep. As discussed, The Last Detail has it up for sale for $95,000 or so. I sent them an e mail to let them that the ad wasn't 100% accurate (they advertised the reproduction tires as NOS, a few other minor details) but never heard back from them.

My buddy still has the original engine to the car. Still sitting on a stand, rebuilt, waiting to go into a 1970 RAIV/M21/3.90 Cardinal Red/black interior Judge. Has probably been sitting there for 10 or more years.

Scott