Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 PM

Location: Hickory Corners, Michigan - Home Of the Gilmore Car Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
American Collectors Insurance. $37,000 agreed value for $250.00 per year. 5,000 miles per year. Had one small claim for $2,300. Didn't send an adjuster, just mailed the check based on the pictures the body shop provided. Also no deductible.
I started with race car insurance with American Collectors - they have the whole package now - and they do a great job!

AA/BFSS Record on the Ohio Mile: 218.484 mph
Next event: Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge in April 2013
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

\

I use state farm. It appears I am the only left who is using one of these great cars as primary transportation. I could not imagine leaving this at home and driving something else. St Farm has been good to me and has never hassled me with a claim. I carry a $500 duduct collision and zero deductable on glass.
It just feels really good driving a GTO. I feel very comfortable and safe in it. With the upgrades I have made, it stops, turns and runs very well. It tows well too. I know the car so well, it is like part of my body. Driving something else would be like leaving one of my arms at home. It is sad I stand alone here. You guys should drive your cars and enjoy them instead of buying and paying for late models. I've saved so much money not wanting a late model.
Steve

Hosting-
12th annual Pontiac Heaven April 8-11 www.pontiacheaven.org
8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11 www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
Make plans to attend now.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limekistgreen71 View Post
I have Hagerty. Value 20K @ $208.00/yr. Zero ded. Occassional dirving only. Does anyone know if you can stipulate that if the car is totaled the owner gets the car (not towed away by insurer and parted)? If my car gets totaled I want 20K AND my wrecked car!

'71 GTO Quezal Gold 400cdi/Auto/AC
I believe you would have first chance at buying the wrecked car back from the insurance company at a price set by them.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Steve what kind of coverage does State Farm offer you? If a major claim is ever filed what kind of value do they have set for you?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Heacock for 3 cars.

6.98 @ 199mph
4.53 @ 164mph
Old 02-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Grundy insurance here. One car 35,000 declared value, 250 a year.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I insure with Hagerty. Hopefully I will never have to make a claim. Good and friendly customer service.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
\

I use state farm. It appears I am the only left who is using one of these great cars as primary transportation. I could not imagine leaving this at home and driving something else. St Farm has been good to me and has never hassled me with a claim. I carry a $500 duduct collision and zero deductable on glass.
It just feels really good driving a GTO. I feel very comfortable and safe in it. With the upgrades I have made, it stops, turns and runs very well. It tows well too. I know the car so well, it is like part of my body. Driving something else would be like leaving one of my arms at home. It is sad I stand alone here. You guys should drive your cars and enjoy them instead of buying and paying for late models. I've saved so much money not wanting a late model.
Steve

Gee, if I lived where is never snows, No salt on the roads, rarely rains, I'm sure I'd be driving mine more frequently.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

American Colectors on my 70 T/A 40,000 agreed value $278.00 One claim for a windshield NO PROBLEMS