Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 AM

Default 3 interesting 69s on e-bay

Hello all,
Right now there are (4) 69 GPs on e-bay.
One is a SJ auto that seems to keeping being auctioned again and again.
The interesting ones are:
Black SJ 4spd A/C car
A Model J in primer - but it has many options - A/C, PW, P/Locks, remote mirror - and a Safeguard Speedometer, which I've never seen in a GP. (I have found it to be more common in Buicks), and reclining RH seat.
The last one is about 90 miles from you, Keith:
Model J, 3spd MANUAL, sport wheel, tilt column, original 8-track (what an odd combo of options)
I wish I could buy one of them!
Comment as you see fit.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll pass on that 3 sp, it was more local with a tripower on it, but looked pretty messed up. I think it sold for uner $4k, and now he's taking the tripower. IF it now runs and drives it could be a better assessment as to what it can do and wwhat it all needs.

I didn't go look at it, since JOYCE WOULD KILL ME and I'l then have to live in it.

No more projects until I get the 70 and 71 together. 70 is going to color soon.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Senior Chief

Post Low price

I thought that was your car reborn Keith. Gotta be a rare one if numbers match, but looks like a project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...7;3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 02-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hello Joe!

The black 4-speed car came out of Oregon a few years ago, it was purchased by one of the Yahoo GP group members. He sold it last year and the current owner has it for sale again. Its a good car overall, just needs some love.

Funny that you mentioned the primer car with the Safeguard Speedo... my very first GP I bought in 1980 (a 1970 Model J) had this option. Didn't think much of it back then. I also had a well equipped '69 GTO with that option as well. Also included with that cluster is a low-fuel warning lamp that lights up next to the the empty mark when low or going around corners too fast...lol.

The 3-speed car really got my attention... I thought that it was really neat to see a 3-speed car with the options that it has, not the norm from my experience as most are usually very low optioned cars.

I'm with ya... would like to have them myself.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Keith, any chance the '71 will make the convention this year???

Old 02-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking I believe...

[QUOTE=428ho4spd;4540202]Hello Joe!

The black 4-speed car came out of Oregon a few years ago, it was purchased by one of the Yahoo GP group members. He sold it last year and the current owner has it for sale again. Its a good car overall, just needs some love.

Funny that you mentioned the primer car with the Safeguard Speedo... my very first GP I bought in 1980 (a 1970 Model J) had this option. Didn't think much of it back then. I also had a well equipped '69 GTO with that option as well. Also included with that cluster is a low-fuel warning lamp that lights up next to the the empty mark when low or going around corners too fast...lol.

the speedguard and low fuel option package could NOT be had with the guage package. IIRC. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Safeguard Speedo / Rally Gauges...

That's correct Ron, you could only get one or the other. My friend Dave was able to make a rally-safeguard speedo cluster out of two, it had both the Safeguard Speedo with low-fuel lamp and rally gauges. I remember it was quite a job to make it all work, but he did it. That cluster still survives in the same car today.

Grant