Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Opinions on Judge Value

All, I am sure this question has been asked 1000 times and the answer could be different depending on the car. I am seriously thinking about selling my '70 Judge. My website is back up and running that documents the restoration I finished 10 years ago but here are some basic details:

Polar White exterior. PPG Base / Clear
RAIII - M20 - 3.55 Numbers matching original drive train.
Carb is not original
Exhaust manifolds are replacements.
Engine is rebuilt with maybe 1000 miles on it.

The Body had work done and can be seen on the website with pics. There is some filler but not much - I mostly welded in new sheet metal.
The rear bumper was a replacement but I have the original.
The hood is Goodmark, I have the original.
All original glass except for the windsheild.

The interior is black - was originally red but this is an easy change.
The dash has a cap on it but looks very good.
Radio is not original but a new electronic perfect fit. Bezel is in fine shape.

Accessories I added during the resto:
  • Rear Defogger
  • Remote Trunk Release
  • Power Windows
  • Alarm System
I have all the receipts from the restoration but a lot of them are faded - especially the ones from PY.

Overall it is in pretty darn nice shape but it certainly is not a concours car. I am not out to make a killing - I just want a fair market value for it.

I am thinking $45K - what do all of you think? And if someone wants it - send me a PM.

My 70 Judge Restoration documented at: http://thejudge.dyndns-home.com:8080/
Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bump.

No opinions?

Old 11-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Original color and number match goes a long way to holding that value. Me thinks the Red interior would be a value benefit, but/as I know how hard a 70 interior is to put together nicely.

Curious about the Rear Defogger; copper-on-glass or package tray fan?

Old 11-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just my opinion here. I may be wrong about the placement comments.

It is a pretty car. I assume it is painted the correct color. Changing the interior color will be a turn off to most. If buying a basically finished car, changing the interior color feels like a big pain so that is a negative.

I don't doubt that you can get about your price if the car runs well and looks great in person. I would try to make the car look as stock as possible though. Some changes that I might consider to make the car look as factory as possible--
  • removing the air cleaner sticker
  • replacing steering wheel
  • placement of Judge sticker on trunk lid
  • alternator fan color
  • radiator cap
  • glove box Judge emblem--original/correct placement?

There may be a few other small nits in the engine compartment that will give the car more of a factory look. Many guys want a nice car to go to cruise ins that looks just like the national award winning car that they have seen on the internet. Some little changes may get your car close to that kind of "just so" look. Your car should appeal to guys that want a finished good looking car to drive some.

Good luck with it. I like the white 70's.

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Senior Chief

This is a nice looking ride,..no doubt it took a lot of work,..I think you're going to have hurt feelings if you want honest opinions from this forum,..I'll make mine short....I own a '70 Judge....I would ditch the passenger side mirror,aquire a factory steering wheel,peel the air cleaner sticker and peel the trunk decal....If something so obvious as the trunk decal placement is wrong don't you think people in the know can't help but wonder what other things that aren't seen visibly on the car are incorrect?..

Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

All,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Air cleaner decal, check!

The interior is what it is and I expect to discount it a little to make up for it.
Glove box emblem is a repro but I thought I got it positioned correctly.
Trunk emblem is a little low but I,ll bet they were not that accurate from the factory, but it is an easy fix.
Rear defogger is the fan type.
It now has a formula steering wheel, repro from our host.

I am not up to removing the passenger side mirror as that would require body / paint work.

Overall this car does run very good, like what you would expect a Ram Air III TO RUN LIKE.

I am holding off until the first of the year and will decide then whether to sell. If I do, I'll put it up for 50k or best reasonable offer.

Thanks again,
Don