Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-15-2000, 08:39 AM

Don't know if this is the proper place but I will try anyway. If anyone could give me some info on a holley replacement carb I have ( it was purchased new in the early 80's ). The #'s are on top - L-7556 below that is #1948. On the butterfly is #487. On the side is 6R-5610B. Any info anyone could give me would be appreciated and has anyone used/seen the new edelbrock eps 800 used yet? I am interested in possibley purchasing this carb for my current motor. Thanks, Chris.

Old 05-15-2000, 08:39 AM

Don't know if this is the proper place but I will try anyway. If anyone could give me some info on a holley replacement carb I have ( it was purchased new in the early 80's ). The #'s are on top - L-7556 below that is #1948. On the butterfly is #487. On the side is 6R-5610B. Any info anyone could give me would be appreciated and has anyone used/seen the new edelbrock eps 800 used yet? I am interested in possibley purchasing this carb for my current motor. Thanks, Chris.

Old 05-15-2000, 12:12 PM

the info you need to id your holley should be the list # . i'm not a big holley fan, but that should get you the info you want. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-15-2000, 12:49 PM

chris, i was just on a site runing the #'s on a sbc and found some information that may help you out. the site is www.mortec.com/ . there is a list of holley carb #'s and also a link to holley's website. hope this helps. mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-15-2000, 04:58 PM

Mike, thanks for the link. I really want to rebuild my original carb for my 71 T/A, but it may be too far gone. This is why I am also considering the new Edelbrock 800. Anyone have or know any info on this carb?

Old 05-15-2000, 11:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

According to the book I have it is a direct replacement for all Q-jet equipped 1967-71 350,400,428,455 ci engines. Mechanical secondarys, divorced choke, spread bore, 450 cfm emission carb. Doesn't sound like anything I would try if your looking for a performance type carb.

------------------
PROBRD
(probrd1@aol.com)